Passing Parameters To CRYSTAL REPORT OBJECT
Author Message
 Passing Parameters To CRYSTAL REPORT OBJECT

Dear All,

I need to pass value through coding to the existing parameter(s) of a report
designed using Crystal Report 7.0 Component Object for VB. How to perform
this task.

Kindly help...

TIA...
Ammar

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 04:52:22 GMT
 Passing Parameters To CRYSTAL REPORT OBJECT
Reference the ParameterFields collection, and find the ParameterField within
the collection. Then set its Text to whatever you want. You may want to
suppress parameter prompting after doing that.

Quote:
> Dear All,

> I need to pass value through coding to the existing parameter(s) of a
report
> designed using crystal report 7.0 Component Object for VB. How to perform
> this task.

> Kindly help...

> TIA...
> Ammar

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 08:45:21 GMT
 Passing Parameters To CRYSTAL REPORT OBJECT
Dear CW,

The relationship between section8 and line object is  that section8 contains
the line object but when I view the report while suppressing or unsupressing
the line object it gives me error "Permission Denied" kindly let me know why
this error is coming and what can I do otherwise to suppress the line object
with respect to the grouping conditions. I also read the help topics and
found that formating idle could be the best state when you can format
objects through Visual Basic code but I don't know how can I find that state
of the report during run time or initialization.

The situation is that my report contains total 14 columns but according to
the grouping conditions, sometime it has 12 columns and sometimes even only
1. So the extra blank columns unnecessarily comes when I print the report
which i don't need.

Also to make clear, I am not using OCX control but iam using the Report
Designer Component for VB6.
I tried to search for the new updates related to the RDC but I never found
any listed the same as you suggested.

Kindly suggest any other option or any otherwise...

TIA..
Ammar

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 15:12:59 GMT

1. Passing Parameters from C# to Crystal Report / Crystal Report Viewer

2. Passing parameters to a report in Crystal Reports 6

3. parameter passing to Crystal Reports 9

4. Passing parameters to crystal report

5. Passing a parameter to Crystal Reports

6. How do you pass parameters from VB 5 to crystal reports

7. Passing parameters to Crystal Reports

8. Passing Parameters to Crystal Report 5.0 (Stored Procedure Query )

9. Passing parameter to Crystal Reports

10. Pass parameters to Crystal Reports?

11. Passing parameters to Seagate Crystal Reports 8

12. Passing Parameter in Crystal Report