repeating groups summary in report footer
Author Message
 repeating groups summary in report footer

Hello!

I have a report ( a pretty long one) where I have groups with their
summaries too.

What I would like to do is displaying in the report's footer each group (no
details!) with its summary for a more global view.

Example:

GROUP 1
       Jim   35
       Wanda 45
       Julie 30
         Total GROUP 1: 110

GROUP 1
       Bill  28
       John  22
       Jenn  15
         Total GROUP 2: 65
----------------------------
(Report footer)
GROUP 1: 110
GROUP 2:  65

I know ther should be a way of using a subreport and supress the details
section so that I have only the groups and their sumaries displayed but I am
looking for a more efficient way to do it (a formula, something).

Thank you,
Gabi.

"The world is good. The world is fallen. The world can be redeemed." -
Phillip Yancey

DE ACUM INCOLO - www.pattersongray.com/dnc
MAMALIGA - www.pattersongray.com/mamaliga

Sun, 02 May 2004 03:35:40 GMT
 repeating groups summary in report footer
Put a crosstab object in the report footer.
Row = your group 1  field,
Summarised field  = something you want to count.

Quote:
> Hello!

> I have a report ( a pretty long one) where I have groups with their
> summaries too.

> What I would like to do is displaying in the report's footer each group
(no
> details!) with its summary for a more global view.

> Example:

> GROUP 1
>        Jim   35
>        Wanda 45
>        Julie 30
>          Total GROUP 1: 110

> GROUP 1
>        Bill  28
>        John  22
>        Jenn  15
>          Total GROUP 2: 65
> ----------------------------
> (Report footer)
> GROUP 1: 110
> GROUP 2:  65

> I know ther should be a way of using a subreport and supress the details
> section so that I have only the groups and their sumaries displayed but I
am
> looking for a more efficient way to do it (a formula, something).

> Thank you,
> Gabi.

> "The world is good. The world is fallen. The world can be redeemed." -
> Phillip Yancey

> DE ACUM INCOLO - www.pattersongray.com/dnc
> MAMALIGA - www.pattersongray.com/mamaliga

Mon, 03 May 2004 14:38:33 GMT
 repeating groups summary in report footer
Thanks Bruce...

I got it.
Gabi.

Quote:
> Put a crosstab object in the report footer.
> Row = your group 1  field,
> Summarised field  = something you want to count.

> > Hello!

> > I have a report ( a pretty long one) where I have groups with their
> > summaries too.

> > What I would like to do is displaying in the report's footer each group
> (no
> > details!) with its summary for a more global view.

> > Example:

> > GROUP 1
> >        Jim   35
> >        Wanda 45
> >        Julie 30
> >          Total GROUP 1: 110

> > GROUP 1
> >        Bill  28
> >        John  22
> >        Jenn  15
> >          Total GROUP 2: 65
> > ----------------------------
> > (Report footer)
> > GROUP 1: 110
> > GROUP 2:  65

> > I know ther should be a way of using a subreport and supress the details
> > section so that I have only the groups and their sumaries displayed but
> am
> > looking for a more efficient way to do it (a formula, something).

> > Thank you,
> > Gabi.

> > "The world is good. The world is fallen. The world can be redeemed." -
> > Phillip Yancey

> > DE ACUM INCOLO - www.pattersongray.com/dnc
> > MAMALIGA - www.pattersongray.com/mamaliga

Mon, 03 May 2004 23:50:38 GMT

1. Repeat Group Footer in Report Footer

2. Summary for Report Footer

3. Sub-Reports and repeating group headers...?

4. Page footer and Group footer

5. Multi-column Report with group footer problem

6. report Group Header and Footer ERROR

7. Subreport in group footer overlaying group header

8. Repeating footer row required in table

9. Data Report Object - Suppressing repeated rows in a report column

10. Running total of a group summary...

11. Grouping, Summary, Percent Question

12. Calculations on Group Summaries