Monitor on Server with MS SQL Server Does Not Respond
Author Message
 Monitor on Server with MS SQL Server Does Not Respond

We are using SQL Server 6.5.  We have a VB program using the Crystal
.OCX to run a Crystal Report on the server.  The Crystal Report
executes a stored procedure which does several selects to temporary
tables, etc.

My real concern here is not how long the report runs (maybe an hour),
but why the other programs on the server's Desktop will not run while
the stored procedure is running.  The SQL Performance Monitor and
PowerChute Plus will run, although we cannot see much resource being
used.

Programs which will start up and show the outline of their form, but
then not complete the display of it or respond to clicks on the few
buttons showing include the following:
        SQL Enterprise Manager
        Two VB apps written by us
It looks like it is the ones trying to access the database which have
a problem.

Is there a prioritization scheme we are not seeing or something else
to set so the primary routine running against the database (the
stored procedure in this case) will "come up for air", like DoEvents
in VB?

Thanks.
--
Marvin Bergeleen

Tue, 10 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can not find SQL Server (I'm not using SQL Server)

2. SQL server not responding..

3. SQL-Optimizer/DBA, the Intelligent Server Monitor for Oracle Servers

4. doing updating from grid to sql server with stored procedure sql 2000

5. SQL-Optimizer, ORACLE Server SQL Monitor!!!

6. VB 5.0 Enterprise Edition does not contain MS SQL Server 6.5 Developer Edition

7. DHTML/SQL Server app works fine internally, not on web server

8. Server has not yet been opened message with VB6, CRP7 and SQL-server

9. OLE - "Server not responding"

10. Server Application not Responding

11. RPC server unavailable or not responding

12. Client/Server DCOM not responding