Problem Using Time Part of a Date-Time field in SQL-Server
Author Message
 Problem Using Time Part of a Date-Time field in SQL-Server

As information for anyone else who has the same problem:

I wished to be able to make use of the Time part of a Date-Time field, so I
set the Report Options to convert Date-Time field to Date-Time.
After having done this, when I browsed the data in any DateTime field it
said it was of type 'String' and if I tried to format it, it only gave the
formatting options for a string.
I worked out I needed to use the DTSDateTime functions, but they were not
available in the function Editor Window.(I am using the Report Designer
Component from within VB).
So I contacted Seagate's Web ACD system and they promptly sent me the
appropriate UFL's to install and the additional functions then appeared in
the Function Editor Window, and I can extract the Time part of the the
Date-Time field.

Hope this information is of help to others!

Arvinder Sansoa

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Display Time part of Date-Time Field?

2. Can I SUM the time part of Date/Time Fields

3. Date part of Date/Time Field

4. Matching system date/time with field date/time

5. ADO with Access Date/Time field not storing the time, just the date

6. Problem accessing record from SQL Data base Date/Time Field

7. Problem find a DATE (TIME) field using ADO

8. Problem finding a DATE (TIME) field using ADO and VB6

9. Part-time VB/SQL Server/RDO work from home

10. start date/time, end date/time problem

11. Setting the date and time parts of a datetime seperately

12. Need function to increase time in date/time field by one hour