PATH-APP AND MDB-PATH
Author Message
 PATH-APP AND MDB-PATH

I'm trying to put altogether the database and the app in the same folder
when i distribute it. The problem is that the mdb-path is fixed by me in
the code (since i've tried with CurDir without success) and the app-path
is fixed by the user. How can I deal with this?
Show me the light, please....
Thanks!

Thu, 02 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 PATH-APP AND MDB-PATH

In v4.0 and 5.0 of vb there is an App object.  Use:

App.Path

property to determine where your program is running from.  Works quite
nicely.

Cheers,

--George

Quote:

>I'm trying to put altogether the database and the app in the same folder
>when i distribute it. The problem is that the mdb-path is fixed by me in
>the code (since i've tried with CurDir without success) and the app-path
>is fixed by the user. How can I deal with this?
>Show me the light, please....
>Thanks!

Fri, 03 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. app-path and mdb-path

2. Paths and App.Path

3. using application path (app.path)

4. App.Path only returning short path name - Why?

5. app.path only returns short path name

6. Help: App.Path returns 8.3 path in VB4/Win95

7. App.Path returns "short" path name

8. Changing Long Paths to Short Paths in a 16-bit App

9. SysCmd 603, "path","path"

10. Local path vs UNC Path

11. Setting the path to the path of the current application

12. Converting logical paths to UNC paths