Error in temp file in running crystal report for .net in vb.net
Author Message
 Error in temp file in running crystal report for .net in vb.net

I sometimes get an error when running my vb.net application when
setting the report source for the report.  I get the following error:

A first chance exception of type
'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InternalException' occurred in
crystaldecisions.reportsource.dll

Additional information: Error in File
C:\DOCUME~1\azb\LOCALS~1\Temp\temp_24e73784-65ca-47bf-8382-d0839c94525f.rpt:
The request could not be submitted for background processing.

Any help that anyone could give me on this issue would be greatly
appreciated!  Thanks!

Sat, 18 Jun 2005 06:01:53 GMT
 Error in temp file in running crystal report for .net in vb.net
Hi..

Try post your code here..

Thanks.

Quote:
> I sometimes get an error when running my vb.net application when
> setting the report source for the report.  I get the following error:

> A first chance exception of type
> 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InternalException' occurred in
> crystaldecisions.reportsource.dll

> Additional information: Error in File

C:\DOCUME~1\azb\LOCALS~1\Temp\temp_24e73784-65ca-47bf-8382-d0839c94525f.rpt:
Quote:
> The request could not be submitted for background processing.

> Any help that anyone could give me on this issue would be greatly
> appreciated!  Thanks!

Sat, 18 Jun 2005 13:32:00 GMT
 Error in temp file in running crystal report for .net in vb.net
The "request could not be submitted for background processing" error is a
generic one that means that the there was an unhandled exception on the
background processing thread.  If you attach a native Win32 de{*filter*} to the
aspnet_wp.exe process and catch all exceptions in the de{*filter*} (for example,
"sxe eh" in cdb.exe), you will be able to see exactly what is causing the
exception.

Most likely, this is happening in the database driver, but it could possibly
be in Win32, .NET or Crystal code.

Thanks,

Francis

Quote:
> I sometimes get an error when running my vb.net application when
> setting the report source for the report.  I get the following error:

> A first chance exception of type
> 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InternalException' occurred in
> crystaldecisions.reportsource.dll

> Additional information: Error in File

C:\DOCUME~1\azb\LOCALS~1\Temp\temp_24e73784-65ca-47bf-8382-d0839c94525f.rpt:
Quote:
> The request could not be submitted for background processing.

> Any help that anyone could give me on this issue would be greatly
> appreciated!  Thanks!

Sat, 18 Jun 2005 19:40:39 GMT
 Error in temp file in running crystal report for .net in vb.net
The following is my code behind the form with the crystalreportviewer
on it.  Thanks!  :

Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine
Imports CrystalDecisions.Shared

Public Class frmClientWorkOrderRpt
    Inherits System.Windows.Forms.Form
    Public strWorkOrdVal As String
    Public strEmpName As String

#Region " Windows Form Designer generated code "

    Private Sub CrystalReportViewer1_Load(ByVal sender As Object,
ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles CrystalReportViewer1.Load
        Try
            Dim strDataLoc As String
            Windows.Forms.Cursor.Current() =
Windows.Forms.Cursors.WaitCursor()
            'Find the directory where the data is located.
            strDataLoc = ReadXmlConfigFile("config.xml", "data_loc")

            'Copy the data file to a new file named WorkOrdSum.xml
            Dim Fi As New System.IO.FileInfo(strDataLoc &
"\ClientWorkOrd.xml")
            'If the file exists, then delete it.
            If Fi.Exists Then
                Fi.Delete()
            End If
            'Create the file with the current information in it.
            FileOpen(1, strDataLoc & "\ClientWorkOrd.xml",
OpenMode.Append, OpenAccess.ReadWrite, OpenShare.LockReadWrite)
            FileClose(1)

            'Insert the data from the ds into this file.
            WriteXmlToTempFile(DsTimeEntry, strDataLoc)
            'Set the selection formula so it only displays the current
work order.
            Dim crReport As New ClientWorkOrd()

            Dim crParameterFieldDefinitions As
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ParameterFieldDefinitions
            Dim crParameterFieldDefinition As
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ParameterFieldDefinition
            Dim crParameterValues As New
CrystalDecisions.Shared.ParameterValues()
            Dim crParameterDiscreteValue As New
CrystalDecisions.Shared.ParameterDiscreteValue()

            'Set String Parameter

            'Set discrete value
            crParameterDiscreteValue.Value = CStr(strEmpName)

            'Access first parameter field definition
            crParameterFieldDefinitions =
crReport.DataDefinition.ParameterFields
            crParameterFieldDefinition =
crParameterFieldDefinitions.Item("EmpName")

            ' Add a parameter value
            crParameterValues =
crParameterFieldDefinition.CurrentValues

            crParameterValues.Add(crParameterDiscreteValue)

            ' Apply the current value to the parameter definition
            crParameterFieldDefinition.ApplyCurrentValues(crParameterValues)

            CrystalReportViewer1.SelectionFormula =
"{WorkOrdSum.work_order_no}='" & strWorkOrdVal & "'"

            CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = crReport
            ' crReport.DataDefinition()
            Windows.Forms.Cursor.Current() =
Windows.Forms.Cursors.Arrow
        Catch ex As Exception
            MessageBox.Show(ex.ToString)
        End Try
    End Sub

    Private Function AddParameter(ByVal paramName As String, _
        ByVal paramValue As String, ByVal paramFields As
CrystalDecisions.Shared.ParameterFields) As
CrystalDecisions.Shared.ParameterFields
        Try
            Dim paramField As New
CrystalDecisions.Shared.ParameterField()
            Dim paramDiscreteValue As New
CrystalDecisions.Shared.ParameterDiscreteValue()
            Dim paramValues As New
CrystalDecisions.Shared.ParameterValues()

            ' Set the name of the parameter to modify.
            paramField.ParameterFieldName = paramName

            ' Set a value to the parameter.
            paramDiscreteValue.Value = paramValue
            paramValues.Add(paramDiscreteValue)
            paramField.CurrentValues = paramValues

            ' Add the parameter to the ParameterFields collection.
            paramFields.Add(paramField)
            Return paramFields
        Catch ex As Exception
            MessageBox.Show(ex.ToString)
        End Try
    End Function

    Private Sub WriteXmlToTempFile(ByVal thisDataSet As DataSet, ByVal
strDataLoc As String)
        Try
            If thisDataSet Is Nothing Then
                Return
            End If
            'thisDataSet.AcceptChanges()
            ' Create a file name to write to.
            Dim filename As String = strDataLoc & "\WorkOrdSum.xml"
            ' Create the FileStream to write with.
            Dim myFileStream As New System.IO.FileStream _
               (filename, System.IO.FileMode.Create)
            ' Create an XmlTextWriter with the fileStream.
            Dim myXmlWriter As New System.Xml.XmlTextWriter _
               (myFileStream, System.Text.Encoding.Unicode)
            ' Write to the file with the WriteXml method.
            thisDataSet.WriteXml(myXmlWriter)
            myXmlWriter.Close()
        Catch ex As Exception
            MessageBox.Show(ex.ToString)
        End Try
    End Sub

    Protected Overrides Sub Finalize()
        MyBase.Finalize()
    End Sub

End Class

Quote:

> Hi..

> Try post your code here..

> Thanks.

> > I sometimes get an error when running my vb.net application when
> > setting the report source for the report.  I get the following error:

> > A first chance exception of type
> > 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InternalException' occurred in
> > crystaldecisions.reportsource.dll

> > Additional information: Error in File

>  C:\DOCUME~1\azb\LOCALS~1\Temp\temp_24e73784-65ca-47bf-8382-d0839c94525f.rpt:
> > The request could not be submitted for background processing.

> > Any help that anyone could give me on this issue would be greatly
> > appreciated!  Thanks!

Tue, 21 Jun 2005 03:30:41 GMT

1. Crystal Reports 8.5 (VB6) to Crystal Reports NET (VB.NET) conversion

2. VB.net and crystal reports.net Multiple reports

3. i am using vb.net and crystal reports for visual studio.net

4. SetDataSource not working with Crystal Reports .NET in VB.NET

5. Crystal Reports from ASP.NET without compiling VB.NET on SQL/ADO changes

6. Web Reports (ASP.NET and Crystal Reports for .Net)

7. vb .net crystal reports not compatible with Crystal Reports 8.5

8. VB.NET app does not run on OS having .NET redistributable files installed

9. Crystal Reports and VB.Net Login Error

10. Crystal Report Error Problem in VB.net

11. VB.NET - CR errors when running report on hierarchy mith multiples at same level

12. crystal.net report from asp.net created (temporary) table