Dr. Watson...
Author Message
 Dr. Watson...

I am on Win NT 4.0 (sp3).
Using crystal 6.0.

I get a Dr. Watson when I change the print before in the group
section.

I have had other problems with Crystal, and the limitation on
formulas (255 characters). Makes me think this is a very poor
product.

Does anyone know of a better one?

Thanks
Laurence Nuttall

Fri, 05 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Dr. Watson...
You could try using Active Reports by Data Dynamics, I tested it out for a
couple of days and found it to be a rather buggy report program, they do
have a good tech support team and you can find alot of help at the news
groups that they have on their server.  I am currently searching for another
report program because crystal won't let me change my select statement at
runtime nor will it let me add items to the report on the fly, both of which
Active Reports does.  If AR releases a fix for their can grow problems then
I'll be using them, and only them...they have a great idea, its just still
really new.

Still, a better piece than crystal IMHO.

Dave K.

Quote:

>I am on Win NT 4.0 (sp3).
>Using crystal 6.0.

>I get a Dr. Watson when I change the print before in the group
>section.

>I have had other problems with Crystal, and the limitation on
>formulas (255 characters). Makes me think this is a very poor
>product.

>Does anyone know of a better one?

>Thanks
>Laurence Nuttall

Sat, 06 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dr. Watson & corrupt database

2. Even LOOKING at a reference causes a Dr. Watson

3. Help! Dr. Watson when adding code to module

4. Why do I get Dr. Watson errors

5. Dr. Watson

6. Access97 crashes and Dr. Watson locks up

7. Dr. Watson Access Violation Outlook 98

8. Word document keeps calling Dr. Watson...

9. Dr. Watson like!!!

10. Dr. Watson Error 87 using VB4

11. Using NT's Dr. Watson with VB6

12. FindWindow for Dr. Watson