CR Viewer In Access
Author Message
 CR Viewer In Access

Hi All,

I have an Access 2000 adp that I want to use to view CR reports.  So I'm
using the CR viewer and the following code:

Dim fcrApp As CRAXDRT.Application
Dim fcrRpt As CRAXDRT.Report
Dim strtest As String

Set fcrApp = New CRAXDRT.Application
Set fcrRpt = fcrApp.OpenReport("f:\IT\test.rpt")

strtest = fcrRpt.Database.Tables.Count
fcrRpt.Database.Tables(1).SetLogOnInfo "G:\ODBC\WTP SQL"

CRViewer1.ReportSource = fcrRpt
CRViewer1.ViewReport

It works a treat on the same box as the SQL Server and CR are installed on.
However I get the 'Physical Database Not Found' error when used on another
machine on the network.

It has the same drive mappings and I'm sure I've registered all the .dll's
etc.  Any help / ideas would be much appreciated.  Anyone know more about
this error?  Is it caused by an ODBC error normally?

Thanks
Steve

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:09:25 GMT
 CR Viewer In Access
Before calling SetLogOnInfo, you need to set Table.Location property. For
SQL Server, the location property must be a fully qualified table name.
e.g., MyDatabase.dbo.MyTable

Quote:
> Hi All,

> I have an Access 2000 adp that I want to use to view CR reports.  So I'm
> using the CR viewer and the following code:

> Dim fcrApp As CRAXDRT.Application
> Dim fcrRpt As CRAXDRT.Report
> Dim strtest As String

> Set fcrApp = New CRAXDRT.Application
> Set fcrRpt = fcrApp.OpenReport("f:\IT\test.rpt")

> strtest = fcrRpt.Database.Tables.Count
> fcrRpt.Database.Tables(1).SetLogOnInfo "G:\ODBC\WTP SQL"

> CRViewer1.ReportSource = fcrRpt
> CRViewer1.ViewReport

> It works a treat on the same box as the SQL Server and CR are installed
on.
> However I get the 'Physical Database Not Found' error when used on another
> machine on the network.

> It has the same drive mappings and I'm sure I've registered all the .dll's
> etc.  Any help / ideas would be much appreciated.  Anyone know more about
> this error?  Is it caused by an ODBC error normally?

> Thanks
> Steve

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:23:06 GMT
 CR Viewer In Access
Thanks, but no joy!

Mt database is WTP and my table is a SP called test, so I've tried
Wtp.dbo.Test but I still get the 'Physical Database Not Found' error.

Any other ideas?

Steve

Quote:
> Before calling SetLogOnInfo, you need to set Table.Location property. For
> SQL Server, the location property must be a fully qualified table name.
> e.g., MyDatabase.dbo.MyTable

> > Hi All,

> > I have an Access 2000 adp that I want to use to view CR reports.  So I'm
> > using the CR viewer and the following code:

> > Dim fcrApp As CRAXDRT.Application
> > Dim fcrRpt As CRAXDRT.Report
> > Dim strtest As String

> > Set fcrApp = New CRAXDRT.Application
> > Set fcrRpt = fcrApp.OpenReport("f:\IT\test.rpt")

> > strtest = fcrRpt.Database.Tables.Count
> > fcrRpt.Database.Tables(1).SetLogOnInfo "G:\ODBC\WTP SQL"

> > CRViewer1.ReportSource = fcrRpt
> > CRViewer1.ViewReport

> > It works a treat on the same box as the SQL Server and CR are installed
> on.
> > However I get the 'Physical Database Not Found' error when used on
another
> > machine on the network.

> > It has the same drive mappings and I'm sure I've registered all the
.dll's
> > etc.  Any help / ideas would be much appreciated.  Anyone know more
about
> > this error?  Is it caused by an ODBC error normally?

> > Thanks
> > Steve

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:57:00 GMT
 CR Viewer In Access
Just re-read your original message. I have got a few questions.

1. Are you accessing a table on SQL Server or in an ACCESS database?

2. If you are accessing the SQL Server, your use of SetLogOnInfo is
incorrect.

SetLogonInfo expects a servername/odbcdatasourcename, databasename, username
and password.

"G:\ODBC\WTP SQL" doesn't look like a server name or an ODBC data source
name.

Quote:
> Thanks, but no joy!

> Mt database is WTP and my table is a SP called test, so I've tried
> Wtp.dbo.Test but I still get the 'Physical Database Not Found' error.

> Any other ideas?

> Steve

> > Before calling SetLogOnInfo, you need to set Table.Location property.
For
> > SQL Server, the location property must be a fully qualified table name.
> > e.g., MyDatabase.dbo.MyTable

> > > Hi All,

> > > I have an Access 2000 adp that I want to use to view CR reports.  So
I'm
> > > using the CR viewer and the following code:

> > > Dim fcrApp As CRAXDRT.Application
> > > Dim fcrRpt As CRAXDRT.Report
> > > Dim strtest As String

> > > Set fcrApp = New CRAXDRT.Application
> > > Set fcrRpt = fcrApp.OpenReport("f:\IT\test.rpt")

> > > strtest = fcrRpt.Database.Tables.Count
> > > fcrRpt.Database.Tables(1).SetLogOnInfo "G:\ODBC\WTP SQL"

> > > CRViewer1.ReportSource = fcrRpt
> > > CRViewer1.ViewReport

> > > It works a treat on the same box as the SQL Server and CR are
installed
> > on.
> > > However I get the 'Physical Database Not Found' error when used on
> another
> > > machine on the network.

> > > It has the same drive mappings and I'm sure I've registered all the
> .dll's
> > > etc.  Any help / ideas would be much appreciated.  Anyone know more
> about
> > > this error?  Is it caused by an ODBC error normally?

> > > Thanks
> > > Steve

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:08:07 GMT
 CR Viewer In Access
Hi CW

Thanks for your help on this:

1. I'm using a Stored Proc on SQL server - I could possibly use a table, but
SP would be better.

2. Yes I thought this I was orignally using the sytax you suggest, this
didn't work either, but as I am using NT authentication on the SQL side
technically I don't have a username / password.  I put G:\ODBC\WTP SQL as
the dsn as I was hoping to use one data source file on the server (G:\ODBC
is a mapped server drive).  However, I have tried using the dsn locally and
this didn't work.

All of these variants work on the development PC just not on another network
one.

Cheers for all your help

Steve

Quote:
> Just re-read your original message. I have got a few questions.

> 1. Are you accessing a table on SQL Server or in an ACCESS database?

> 2. If you are accessing the SQL Server, your use of SetLogOnInfo is
> incorrect.

> SetLogonInfo expects a servername/odbcdatasourcename, databasename,
username
> and password.

> "G:\ODBC\WTP SQL" doesn't look like a server name or an ODBC data source
> name.

> > Thanks, but no joy!

> > Mt database is WTP and my table is a SP called test, so I've tried
> > Wtp.dbo.Test but I still get the 'Physical Database Not Found' error.

> > Any other ideas?

> > Steve

> > > Before calling SetLogOnInfo, you need to set Table.Location property.
> For
> > > SQL Server, the location property must be a fully qualified table
name.
> > > e.g., MyDatabase.dbo.MyTable

> I'm

> installed
> > > on.
> > another

> > .dll's
> > about

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:19:02 GMT
 CR Viewer In Access
I see that you are using file DSN. Though usually a file dsn would have the
format of DataSourceName.dsn, but yours is WTP SQL.

In addition, you need to specify database name, even if you are using
integrated security. Your code has only specified data source name.

Quote:
> Hi CW

> Thanks for your help on this:

> 1. I'm using a Stored Proc on SQL server - I could possibly use a table,
but
> SP would be better.

> 2. Yes I thought this I was orignally using the sytax you suggest, this
> didn't work either, but as I am using NT authentication on the SQL side
> technically I don't have a username / password.  I put G:\ODBC\WTP SQL as
> the dsn as I was hoping to use one data source file on the server (G:\ODBC
> is a mapped server drive).  However, I have tried using the dsn locally
and
> this didn't work.

> All of these variants work on the development PC just not on another
network
> one.

> Cheers for all your help

> Steve

> > Just re-read your original message. I have got a few questions.

> > 1. Are you accessing a table on SQL Server or in an ACCESS database?

> > 2. If you are accessing the SQL Server, your use of SetLogOnInfo is
> > incorrect.

> > SetLogonInfo expects a servername/odbcdatasourcename, databasename,
> username
> > and password.

> > "G:\ODBC\WTP SQL" doesn't look like a server name or an ODBC data source
> > name.

> > > Thanks, but no joy!

> > > Mt database is WTP and my table is a SP called test, so I've tried
> > > Wtp.dbo.Test but I still get the 'Physical Database Not Found' error.

> > > Any other ideas?

> > > Steve

> > For
> name.

So
> > I'm

> > installed
> > > another

> > > .dll's
> > > about

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:43:08 GMT
 CR Viewer In Access
Hi,

In desperation I have installed a very bare install of CR on the network
computer.  It is now working OK.  This would leave me to believe it is a dll
issue.  I had crviewer.dll and craxdrt.dll registered.  To you knowledge are
there any others?

Steve

Quote:
> I see that you are using file DSN. Though usually a file dsn would have
the
> format of DataSourceName.dsn, but yours is WTP SQL.

> In addition, you need to specify database name, even if you are using
> integrated security. Your code has only specified data source name.

> > Hi CW

> > Thanks for your help on this:

> > 1. I'm using a Stored Proc on SQL server - I could possibly use a table,
> but
> > SP would be better.

> > 2. Yes I thought this I was orignally using the sytax you suggest, this
> > didn't work either, but as I am using NT authentication on the SQL side
> > technically I don't have a username / password.  I put G:\ODBC\WTP SQL
as
> > the dsn as I was hoping to use one data source file on the server
(G:\ODBC
> > is a mapped server drive).  However, I have tried using the dsn locally
> and
> > this didn't work.

> > All of these variants work on the development PC just not on another
> network
> > one.

> > Cheers for all your help

> > Steve

> > > Just re-read your original message. I have got a few questions.

> > > 1. Are you accessing a table on SQL Server or in an ACCESS database?

> > > 2. If you are accessing the SQL Server, your use of SetLogOnInfo is
> > > incorrect.

> > > SetLogonInfo expects a servername/odbcdatasourcename, databasename,
> > username
> > > and password.

> > > "G:\ODBC\WTP SQL" doesn't look like a server name or an ODBC data
source
> > > name.

error.

> property.
> > > For
> > name.

> So
> > > I'm

> > > installed

> the
> more

Wed, 16 Feb 2005 00:22:46 GMT
 CR Viewer In Access
Yeah, there are a large number of DLLs that are required by CR to run
properly. Did you use MSI or PDW to include all the relevant run time
libraries?

Quote:
> Hi,

> In desperation I have installed a very bare install of CR on the network
> computer.  It is now working OK.  This would leave me to believe it is a
dll
> issue.  I had crviewer.dll and craxdrt.dll registered.  To you knowledge
are
> there any others?

> Steve

> > I see that you are using file DSN. Though usually a file dsn would have
> the
> > format of DataSourceName.dsn, but yours is WTP SQL.

> > In addition, you need to specify database name, even if you are using
> > integrated security. Your code has only specified data source name.

> > > Hi CW

> > > Thanks for your help on this:

> > > 1. I'm using a Stored Proc on SQL server - I could possibly use a
table,
> > but
> > > SP would be better.

> > > 2. Yes I thought this I was orignally using the sytax you suggest,
this
> > > didn't work either, but as I am using NT authentication on the SQL
side
> > > technically I don't have a username / password.  I put G:\ODBC\WTP SQL
> as
> > > the dsn as I was hoping to use one data source file on the server
> (G:\ODBC
> > > is a mapped server drive).  However, I have tried using the dsn
locally
> > and
> > > this didn't work.

> > > All of these variants work on the development PC just not on another
> > network
> > > one.

> > > Cheers for all your help

> > > Steve

> > > username

> source

> error.

> > property.
> > > name.

> > So

> on

> > the
> > more

Wed, 16 Feb 2005 00:32:06 GMT
 CR Viewer In Access
Ah!  This could be my problem - I just copied the two mentioned across.
MSI? PDW? Please explain?

Thanks - Really appreciate the help

Steve

Quote:
> Yeah, there are a large number of DLLs that are required by CR to run
> properly. Did you use MSI or PDW to include all the relevant run time
> libraries?

> > Hi,

> > In desperation I have installed a very bare install of CR on the network
> > computer.  It is now working OK.  This would leave me to believe it is a
> dll
> > issue.  I had crviewer.dll and craxdrt.dll registered.  To you knowledge
> are
> > there any others?

> > Steve

> > > I see that you are using file DSN. Though usually a file dsn would
have
> > the
> > > format of DataSourceName.dsn, but yours is WTP SQL.

> > > In addition, you need to specify database name, even if you are using
> > > integrated security. Your code has only specified data source name.

> table,
> > > but

> this
> side
SQL
> > as
> > (G:\ODBC
> locally
> > > and

> > > network

database?

> > source

> > error.

> > > property.
> table

> reports.
> > > So

> used
> > on

> all
> > > the
> > > more

Wed, 16 Feb 2005 00:35:47 GMT
 CR Viewer In Access
MSI = Microsoft Installer Service - preferred way to distribute VB app

PDW = Package and Deployment Wizard

You can't just copy the 2 DLLs. CRAXDRT and CRViewer have lots of dependent
dlls and its dependency is controlled by using various dep files. The
version of CRAXDRT.dep supplied from CR 8.6 CD is invalid. You have to get
the correction from CD support website.

Quote:
> Ah!  This could be my problem - I just copied the two mentioned across.
> MSI? PDW? Please explain?

> Thanks - Really appreciate the help

> Steve

> > Yeah, there are a large number of DLLs that are required by CR to run
> > properly. Did you use MSI or PDW to include all the relevant run time
> > libraries?

> > > Hi,

> > > In desperation I have installed a very bare install of CR on the
network
> > > computer.  It is now working OK.  This would leave me to believe it is
> > dll
> > > issue.  I had crviewer.dll and craxdrt.dll registered.  To you
knowledge
> > are
> > > there any others?

> > > Steve

> have
> > > the

> > table,

> > this
> > side
> SQL
> > > as
> > > (G:\ODBC
> > locally

> database?

> is

> databasename,

> > > source

> tried
> > > error.

> > table

> > reports.

> are
> > used
> > > on

> > all
> know

Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:49:23 GMT
 CR Viewer In Access
Thanks you've been a massive help!

I will investigate both options fully.  How do I actally know what dll's
anyway, is there somewhere in CR that lists them?

Steve

Quote:
> MSI = Microsoft Installer Service - preferred way to distribute VB app

> PDW = Package and Deployment Wizard

> You can't just copy the 2 DLLs. CRAXDRT and CRViewer have lots of
dependent
> dlls and its dependency is controlled by using various dep files. The
> version of CRAXDRT.dep supplied from CR 8.6 CD is invalid. You have to get
> the correction from CD support website.

> > Ah!  This could be my problem - I just copied the two mentioned across.
> > MSI? PDW? Please explain?

> > Thanks - Really appreciate the help

> > Steve

> > > Yeah, there are a large number of DLLs that are required by CR to run
> > > properly. Did you use MSI or PDW to include all the relevant run time
> > > libraries?

> network
> > > dll
> knowledge
> > > are

> > have

> using
name.

> > > table,

> > > this
SQL
> > > side
G:\ODBC\WTP
> > SQL
> > > locally

> another

questions.

> > database?

SetLogOnInfo
> > is

> > databasename,

> data

> > tried
Found'

Table.Location
> > > table

> > > reports.

CR
> > are
> > > used

> registered
> > > all
Anyone
> > know

Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:18:04 GMT
 CR Viewer In Access
There is a list of run time files required in the developer helop file.

Quote:
> Thanks you've been a massive help!

> I will investigate both options fully.  How do I actally know what dll's
> anyway, is there somewhere in CR that lists them?

> Steve

> > MSI = Microsoft Installer Service - preferred way to distribute VB app

> > PDW = Package and Deployment Wizard

> > You can't just copy the 2 DLLs. CRAXDRT and CRViewer have lots of
> dependent
> > dlls and its dependency is controlled by using various dep files. The
> > version of CRAXDRT.dep supplied from CR 8.6 CD is invalid. You have to
get
> > the correction from CD support website.

> > > Ah!  This could be my problem - I just copied the two mentioned
across.
> > > MSI? PDW? Please explain?

> > > Thanks - Really appreciate the help

> > > Steve

> > network
> is
> > knowledge

> > > have

> > using
> name.

> suggest,
> SQL
> G:\ODBC\WTP
> > > SQL
> server

> > another

> questions.

> > > database?

> SetLogOnInfo
> > > is

> > > databasename,

> > data

I've
> > > tried
> Found'

> Table.Location
> qualified

CR

SQL"

> CR
> > > are
> when

> > registered
> Anyone
> > > know

Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:25:46 GMT

1. Using CR Viewer With Access

2. No data when I print from the viewer in CR.Net

3. Consuming CR Web Services with ActiveX Viewer

4. How do I display the treeview button on CR Viewer

5. CR Viewer Problem

6. CR.NET Web Viewer takes too long to display report

7. Search button woes with RDC CR Viewer

8. CR Viewer in Internet Explorer

9. Close button not enabled in CR Viewer

10. LogOnInfo for CR.net repor viewer and VB.net

11. How to select a printer in CR-Viewer?

12. CR Viewer