Size of reports = LARGE
Author Message
 Size of reports = LARGE

I am writing an application that i will have to distribute some report files
that will be called by a VB app and the crystal OCX. I have simply saved the
files as .rpt files and each contains a small bit map. The files are 1.5meg
each and i am hoping to pack at least 10 of them. The exe that calls them is
only 400k!

Does anyone have any good practices for shipping reports for an application
(other than compressing them and decpmressing when using them!).

Jamie Clifton

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Size of reports = LARGE

Quote:
> I am writing an application that i will have to distribute some
report files
> that will be called by a VB app and the crystal OCX. I have simply
saved the
> files as .rpt files and each contains a small bit map. The files are
1.5meg
> each and i am hoping to pack at least 10 of them. The exe that calls
them is
> only 400k!

> Does anyone have any good practices for shipping reports for an
application
> (other than compressing them and decpmressing when using them!).

> Jamie Clifton

I actually import all of my Crystal Reports into my VB project.
Each report becomes a .dsr. With the first report import, you choose
the option of creating a form with a CRViewer on it. Every subsequent
report, do not choose this option.  On the load event of your
"viewer" form, dim each of your reports as objects:

dim report1 as new rptMyReport

Then set your reportsource:

crviewer1.reportsource=report1
crviewer1.viewreport
'(I usually use a "select case" statement to set my reportsource)

I find that this takes up "very" little memory space..and then
package and deploys very nice.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need help printing LARGE reports with vb3.0 and Crystal Reports

2. Need help printing LARGE reports with VB3.0 and Crystal Reports 4.5

3. Tmp file of large size created

4. small vs. large fonts in window sizing

5. Form and module size too large?

6. large *critical* size of VB programs?

7. Help Creating Extra Large VB Form Size

8. Detecting Large vs. Small font sizes

9. How to search very Large size Text file?

10. Sizing a form larger then screenheight

11. API line graphics VERY slow on larger picturebox sizes

12. Need help on displaying large size text file over intranet