Crystal Reports 4.6 Question - Please Help!?!
Author Message
 Crystal Reports 4.6 Question - Please Help!?!

I need to pass a string to a variable in a report.  This string is not
stored in a database but in the registry.  Is there a way to pass a string
to a variable defined in a report before displaying the report?

Thanks so much!!

David Pope

Thu, 24 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports 4.6 Question - Please Help!?!

Quote:

> Is there a way to pass a string to a variable defined
> in a report before displaying the report?

I haven't worked with this since VB3 and the help file I went back to was
CR4.5 <which wasn't much help> but try this:

Edit the formula. Just put a double quote in as the formula   ""  <you have
to do this part>
In VB <you have to pass all edited formulas as an array> when setting up the
report for printing use Report1.Formula(0) = "InfoFromVB = 'Put you text
from the registry here' "
Report1.Formula(1) = ...

single quotes <pretty sure on the single quotes - give it a spin>

Best I can do, a CR pro will slide in and correct me if not.

--
Dave

Thu, 24 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports 4.6 Question - Please Help!?!

David

There are a few minor errors in my last post that may {*filter*} things up - CR
is kinda finicky.

The OXC property is Formulas() not Formula()

Spaces are significant in CR formula assignment so this is the accurate
assignment syntax:
Report1.Formulas(0) = "InfoFromVB= 'Put you text from the registry here'"
Notice there is no space between InfoFromVB and the = and I've removed the
space between the final single quote and the final double quote.

Look up the Formulas property of the OXC because there is a further
description there.

--
Dave

Thu, 24 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports 4.6 Question - Please Help!?!

Sorry all.

Being "lexically challenged" doesn't improve the readability of my posts and
telling the spellchecker to ignore UCase doesn't help either :-))

OXC = OCX

:-) Dave

Fri, 25 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports 4.6 Question - Please Help!?!
Dave,
     I want to thank you for the quick response. Your suggestion worked
perfectly and I really appreciate you help!!
Thanks so much!!

David P.

Quote:

> David

> There are a few minor errors in my last post that may {*filter*} things up -
CR
> is kinda finicky.

> The OXC property is Formulas() not Formula()

> Spaces are significant in CR formula assignment so this is the accurate
> assignment syntax:
> Report1.Formulas(0) = "InfoFromVB= 'Put you text from the registry here'"
> Notice there is no space between InfoFromVB and the = and I've removed the
> space between the final single quote and the final double quote.

> Look up the Formulas property of the OXC because there is a further
> description there.

> --
> Dave

Fri, 25 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports 4.6 Question - Please Help!?!
I've also got a User Function Library that can retrieve any value from the
registry and return it into a formula in my report. My application stores my
Customer's registed name in the registry and uses that on report page
headings.

Send me an email direclty if you'd like a copy.

Cheers

Bruce

Mon, 28 Apr 2003 11:29:09 GMT

1. Printer ports problem in Crystal reports 4.6 - Please Help

2. crystal reports 4.6 help PLEASE!!!!!!!

3. Crystal Report 4.6 in Crystal Report 6.0

4. Question about Crystal Reports 4.6 licensing

5. crystal reports control version 4.6 question

6. Help !!! Problem with Crystal report 4.6

7. Help !!! Crystal Report 4.6 with database in Excel

8. Crystal Report 4.6 NEED HELP!!!

9. Need help with SelectionFormula in Crystal Reports 4.6

10. SQLQuery in Crystal Report 4.6 : NOT FILTERING DATA (HELP)

11. Crystal Reports 4.6 help

12. Problem refreshing report data in crystal reports 4.6