v8.5 SQL Server SP error: EXEC statement
Author Message
 v8.5 SQL Server SP error: EXEC statement

We are running Crystal 8.5. I have a stored procedure in MS SQL Server that
creates a temptable, and then tries to populate it using another SP. For
example(Although much more complicated):

     INSERT INTO #xxauthors
     EXECUTE procGetAuthors

It seems I can do standard inserts with no problem(without exec) But for
some reason Crystal doesn't like it when I call another SP. All of my SP's
run fine in the query analyser, but when I use the "Report Expert" in
crystal, I get "Crystal Reports: Database Error" with no error message. I
have isolated down to the EXECUTE command. If anyone has any idea why this
doesn't work, or even better, a workaround, that would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Shawn

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 06:36:24 GMT
 v8.5 SQL Server SP error: EXEC statement
Hi Shawn,

Seems the problem is related to Crystal Report.

How about the following articles:
http://support.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2006843.asp
http://support.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2004408.asp
http://support.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2005342.asp

Please contact Crystal for more efficient assistance.

Steve

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:32:15 GMT
 v8.5 SQL Server SP error: EXEC statement
Shawn,

You probably need to turn off warnings and other feedback from SQL Server.
When you run this in the Query Analyzer and hit the EXECUTE command, what shows
up in the results pane?  If anything shows up there, then your stored procedure
is apt to be returning some sort of status message where the Crystal Report
expects to see only a final resultset.

That would be my best guess.

Richard in Houston

Quote:
> INSERT INTO #xxauthors
>     EXECUTE procGetAuthors

>It seems I can do standard inserts with no problem(without exec) But for
>some reason Crystal doesn't like it when I call another SP. All of my SP's
>run fine in the query analyser, but when I use the "Report Expert" in
>crystal, I get "Crystal Reports: Database Error" with no error message. I
>have isolated down to the EXECUTE command. If anyone has any idea why this
>doesn't work, or even better, a workaround, that would be greatly
>appreciated.

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 10:04:47 GMT
 v8.5 SQL Server SP error: EXEC statement
A good suggestion.

Fri, 05 Mar 2004 09:59:49 GMT

1. SQL Server sp Error Handling & ADO

2. Crystal V7 or V8 and MS SQL server

3. How to exec an SP in VB3.0

4. Exec Insert SP and Cannot get new ID

5. How to call a SP on SQL Server 7 from VB

6. SQL Server sp problems.

7. SP on SQL Server

8. SQL Server sp problems.

9. vb6 sp5 ,sql server 2000 ,wnnt4 sp 6

10. ado SP problem in SQL Server 7.0 and 2000

11. Shape Command with SQL Server SP

12. Hieralchical Recordsets in SP of SQL Server 7.0?