y="parameter field" then TRUE else FALSE). X and Y are fields in my table.
No errors are found but the OR being ignored (?). WHich ever field, X or Y
is first in line, that is the only daata returned.

Sun, 02 May 2004 04:45:13 GMT
 Boolen OR Parameter Field Problem
<< Subject: Boolen OR Parameter Field Problem

Date: Tue, Nov 13, 2001 2:45 PM

I am trying to use an OR statement as follows:  If (x="parameter field" OR
y="parameter field" then TRUE else FALSE). X and Y are fields in my table.
No errors are found but the OR being ignored (?). WHich ever field, X or Y
is first in line, that is the only daata returned.

Is there any chance that your fields x or y could contain Nulls?  Your formula
must account for nulls if they might be in the data.
Try something like:
if (not isnull({table.x}) and {table.x = {?param})
or (not isnull({table.y}) and {tabley = {?param})
then TRUE
else FALSE

Mon, 03 May 2004 00:38:39 GMT
 Boolen OR Parameter Field Problem
That was it exactly... Thank you

Quote:
> << Subject: Boolen OR Parameter Field Problem

> Date: Tue, Nov 13, 2001 2:45 PM

> I am trying to use an OR statement as follows:  If (x="parameter field" OR
> y="parameter field" then TRUE else FALSE). X and Y are fields in my table.
> No errors are found but the OR being ignored (?). WHich ever field, X or Y
> is first in line, that is the only daata returned.

> Is there any chance that your fields x or y could contain Nulls?  Your
formula
> must account for nulls if they might be in the data.
> Try something like:
> if (not isnull({table.x}) and {table.x = {?param})
> or (not isnull({table.y}) and {tabley = {?param})
> then TRUE
> else FALSE

Mon, 03 May 2004 05:05:34 GMT

1. AND and OR are not true boolen operators!

2. Problem with Memo field in Jet 2.5 Parameter Query

3. Problem with parameter fields

4. Problem w/ multiple parameter fields and UNION Sql

5. Problems with input parameter fields

6. Problem with list of value in the parameter field

7. Subreport linking and parameter field problems

8. Parameter field problem

9. parameter query in VBA when parameter not a field

10. Parameter query w/ parameter specifying field name?

11. This field name is not known(parameter field) in crystal8

12. Problem when unprotecting a document with form field text fields