Security problem with Cristal Reports...
Author Message
 Security problem with Cristal Reports...

I am having a rather annoying problem with Crystal Reports.

I have created a report on my own machine logged in as an adminstrator. When
I run the report from within my program it works fine, but when someone else
tries to run it on their machine it won't run. (Unable to find physical
database) despite the fact that the DSN that the program connects to is the
same on all machines, and the program that has the CR control on it is
accessing that exact same database (same tables) through the exact same DSN.

When I log into my machines as another user it still won't work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Brett Hardin

Sun, 25 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Security problem with Cristal Reports...
it sounds like your database may be on a network path did you map the drive
for the other users

Quote:
> I am having a rather annoying problem with Crystal Reports.

> I have created a report on my own machine logged in as an adminstrator.
When
> I run the report from within my program it works fine, but when someone
else
> tries to run it on their machine it won't run. (Unable to find physical
> database) despite the fact that the DSN that the program connects to is
the
> same on all machines, and the program that has the CR control on it is
> accessing that exact same database (same tables) through the exact same
DSN.

> When I log into my machines as another user it still won't work.

> Any suggestions would be appreciated!

> Brett Hardin

Fri, 30 May 2003 02:35:14 GMT

1. problem with cristal report with general text printer

2. Cristal Report problems...

3. Problem with summary in Cristal Report 4.0

4. Problem with Cristal Report

5. problem with cristal report with general text printer

6. Cristal Report problems...

7. Problem in Cristal Multicolumns report

8. Problem with SQL Server and Cristal Report

9. Cristal Report problems...

10. Cristal report ??? sub report

11. LOOKING for CRISTAL REPORT !!!!

12. How to refresh the cristal report activex on launch