Using disconnected recordsets
Author Message
 Using disconnected recordsets

Is there a way to do reports with Crystal using a disconnected recordset?

Our application uses COM+ components for accessing the database, and because
of security reasons and performance reasons, the application itself always
receives disconnected recordsets. We do not allow the client application to
ever have a command or connection object that goes directly to the database.

I have now been told by the developers working on the report engine that
Crystal requires a connection and command object. This completely violates
our security model. Is there any way around it?

Thanks.

Pete Davis

Tue, 11 Nov 2003 02:17:56 GMT
 Using disconnected recordsets
I am sending disconnected recordsets to CR report templates at run-time.

I followed the tutorial on using data definition (TTX) files to create
report templates and found that you don't need an active recordset in order
to pass data to the report at run-time.  I don't have the link right now,
but if you wish I can send you the PDF in e-mail.  Let me know.

--
_______________________
Mark Peters

Quote:
> Is there a way to do reports with Crystal using a disconnected recordset?

> Our application uses COM+ components for accessing the database, and
because
> of security reasons and performance reasons, the application itself always
> receives disconnected recordsets. We do not allow the client application
> ever have a command or connection object that goes directly to the
database.

> I have now been told by the developers working on the report engine that
> Crystal requires a connection and command object. This completely violates
> our security model. Is there any way around it?

> Thanks.

> Pete Davis

Sun, 16 Nov 2003 22:29:56 GMT
 Using disconnected recordsets
I am sending disconnected recordsets to CR report templates at run-time.

I followed the tutorial on using data definition (TTX) files to create
report templates and found that you don't need an active recordset in order
to pass data to the report at run-time.  I don't have the link right now,
but if you wish I can send you the PDF in e-mail.  Let me know.

--
_______________________
Mark Peters
Application Developer
The EXOCOM Group Inc.
Halifax, NS
http://www.exocom.com

Quote:
> Is there a way to do reports with Crystal using a disconnected recordset?

> Our application uses COM+ components for accessing the database, and
because
> of security reasons and performance reasons, the application itself always
> receives disconnected recordsets. We do not allow the client application
> ever have a command or connection object that goes directly to the
database.

> I have now been told by the developers working on the report engine that
> Crystal requires a connection and command object. This completely violates
> our security model. Is there any way around it?

> Thanks.

> Pete Davis

Sun, 16 Nov 2003 22:29:44 GMT

1. Using disconnected recordsets in COM+

2. How to cretae Report using disconnected Recordset?

3. Using disconnected recordsets in COM+

4. Using disconnected recordset to move data between databases.

5. Using disconnected recordsets in COM+

6. Using Disconnected Recordsets

7. Udate SQL server using disconnected recordsets

8. Udate SQL server using disconnected recordsets

9. Using disconnected recordset and batch update

10. Disconnected Recordset: Not editable SQL-JOIN used

11. Disconnected Recordset: Not editable SQL-JOIN used

12. USING TREE VIEWS with unbound ADO disconnected recordsets