Formatting 'Numeric' Strings
Author Message
 Formatting 'Numeric' Strings

2 as 200102 etc. I then wish to display as a heading, the word "week" and
then the week number, but not the year, and am using the following formula.

My problem is that I cannot get the week number to remove the decimal
places, it comes out as "Week 1.00",  "Week 2.00" etc. I have tried every
combination of truncate, int, round, fix etc but cannot get it to format
properly. If I remove the word "Week", it is then a numeric field, and I can
format the number not to display decimal places, but not when it is a
string.

Tue, 05 Aug 2003 21:57:35 GMT
 Formatting 'Numeric' Strings
Hi Andy,

Try it this way,

The second parameter is to remove the thousands seperator and the last is the
number of decimal places.
--
Sincerely,
Brian Dong

To reply, remove nospam from the address.

Quote:

> I have a report that stores the year and week number in a formula,

> 2 as 200102 etc. I then wish to display as a heading, the word "week" and
> then the week number, but not the year, and am using the following formula.

> My problem is that I cannot get the week number to remove the decimal
> places, it comes out as "Week 1.00",  "Week 2.00" etc. I have tried every
> combination of truncate, int, round, fix etc but cannot get it to format
> properly. If I remove the word "Week", it is then a numeric field, and I can
> format the number not to display decimal places, but not when it is a
> string.

Wed, 06 Aug 2003 04:54:28 GMT

1. Formatting a numeric string in a textbox?

2. how to create formatted numeric string ?

4. Unrecognised Database format 'u:\test.mdb'

5. 'keep track of formatting' option

6. error '3343' - Unrecognized database format

7. Runtime error '321' Invalid file format

8. '.cal' file format

9. 'é' caractere format using OSQL utility

10. SQL 'strings' passing contents of controls

11. 'Buffer for Return String Too Small'

12. Run-time error '4609': string too long