CR 7.0 and SQL Server 2000
Author Message
 CR 7.0 and SQL Server 2000

    I need to access SQL Server 2000 directly from CR 7, but it has support
for SQL Server 6.0 and 6.5. Is there some way to do this, or do I need to
get CR 8, or maybe later?
    Nasher.

Fri, 12 Nov 2004 07:04:36 GMT
 CR 7.0 and SQL Server 2000
Have you downloaded the latest MDAC from Microsoft?  There are a bunch more
ODBC drivers in it, of witch is the latest SQL Server driver.  You can use
them from Crystal.  You are not stuck with just the drivers that are
supplied by Crystal.

HTH

--

Jeff Cichocki
Systems Administrator &

Check us out on the web: http://www.wgrfurniture.com

"We don't stop playing because we grow old,
      We grow old because we stop playing"

Quote:
>     I need to access SQL Server 2000 directly from CR 7, but it has
support
> for SQL Server 6.0 and 6.5. Is there some way to do this, or do I need to
> get CR 8, or maybe later?
>     Nasher.

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 01:02:23 GMT
 CR 7.0 and SQL Server 2000
    Hi Jeff,
Thanks for your answer. I meant DIRECTLY :)), not through ODBC. But it's OK
now, i somehow made the connection. The worst thing is I don't know what was
the problem...

Quote:
> Have you downloaded the latest MDAC from Microsoft?  There are a bunch
more
> ODBC drivers in it, of witch is the latest SQL Server driver.  You can use
> them from Crystal.  You are not stuck with just the drivers that are
> supplied by Crystal.

> HTH

> --

> Jeff Cichocki
> Systems Administrator &
> Lead Programmer/Analyst
> WG&R Furniture

> Check us out on the web: http://www.wgrfurniture.com

> "We don't stop playing because we grow old,
>       We grow old because we stop playing"

> >     I need to access SQL Server 2000 directly from CR 7, but it has
> support
> > for SQL Server 6.0 and 6.5. Is there some way to do this, or do I need
> > get CR 8, or maybe later?
> >     Nasher.

Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:26:28 GMT

1. DNS'less connection CR 8.5 to SQL 7.0 - 2000

2. sql server 7.0,2000

3. ..check presence of SQL Server 7.0 / 2000

4. can't debug sql server 7.0 in win 2000 pro

5. ado SP problem in SQL Server 7.0 and 2000

6. CR 4.6.1 And SQL SERVER 7.0

7. SQL Server 2000 + CR 8.5

8. Problem aceesing Access 2000 from CR 7.0(DAO)

9. VB6 application using SQL Server 2000 migrating db to SQL Server 2

10. progress bar error by modification (MS Project 2000, MS SQL 7.0 and IIS 5)

11. ms access 2000 and sql 7.0

12. Access 2000, SQL 7.0, and Crystal Reports 8