Linking subreport to main report using multiple-value or range parameters
Author Message
 Linking subreport to main report using multiple-value or range parameters

Hello,
I'm using Crystal 8.0
I need to link a subreport to the main report using a multiple-value
parameter.

I found the article in the knoledge base of crystal :
Linking subreport to main report using multiple-value or range
parameters (Article ID : c2007138)
This article explains how to do this. I folllowed the instructions,
but I got the following messages :

Cannot open Database

and then

Not supported

The structure of the report is :a main report with 1 table and 1
subreport with 2 tables

Header1 :  TITLE
Header2 :  SUBREPORT (that needs a multi-value parameter)
DETAILS: Data from mainReportTable
Report Footer :
Page Footer:

Thanks in advance

Anala Urbano

Wed, 31 Mar 2004 03:27:55 GMT
 Linking subreport to main report using multiple-value or range parameters
The method I would use would be
1) to create a formula in the main report to join the multivalue into a big
long string,
Join({?parmlist},"|")
2) link that formula to a paramater in the sub report
3) Split the paramater back out into seperate values and use that in the
selection formula...
{table.field} = split({?linkedparm},"|")

Quote:
> Hello,
> I'm using Crystal 8.0
> I need to link a subreport to the main report using a multiple-value
> parameter.

> I found the article in the knoledge base of crystal :
> Linking subreport to main report using multiple-value or range
> parameters (Article ID : c2007138)
> This article explains how to do this. I folllowed the instructions,
> but I got the following messages :

> Cannot open Database

> and then

> Not supported

> The structure of the report is :a main report with 1 table and 1
> subreport with 2 tables

> Header1 :  TITLE
> Header2 :  SUBREPORT (that needs a multi-value parameter)
> DETAILS: Data from mainReportTable
> Report Footer :
> Page Footer:

> Thanks in advance

> Anala Urbano

Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:54:13 GMT
 Linking subreport to main report using multiple-value or range parameters
I have the same problem.  I followed the c2007138 and for my situation
it didn't work.  I'm using CR 8.0 also.

Sherry

Quote:

> Hello,
> I'm using Crystal 8.0
> I need to link a subreport to the main report using a multiple-value
> parameter.

> I found the article in the knoledge base of crystal :
> Linking subreport to main report using multiple-value or range
> parameters (Article ID : c2007138)
> This article explains how to do this. I folllowed the instructions,
> but I got the following messages :

> Cannot open Database

> and then

> Not supported

> The structure of the report is :a main report with 1 table and 1
> subreport with 2 tables

> Header1 :  TITLE
> Header2 :  SUBREPORT (that needs a multi-value parameter)
> DETAILS: Data from mainReportTable
> Report Footer :
> Page Footer:

> Thanks in advance

> Anala Urbano

Tue, 06 Apr 2004 02:32:45 GMT
 Linking subreport to main report using multiple-value or range parameters
It works with a new build of Crystal 8 : 8.0.0.441

Anala Urbano

Quote:
> Hello,
> I'm using Crystal 8.0
> I need to link a subreport to the main report using a multiple-value
> parameter.

> I found the article in the knoledge base of crystal :
> Linking subreport to main report using multiple-value or range
> parameters (Article ID : c2007138)
> This article explains how to do this. I folllowed the instructions,
> but I got the following messages :

> Cannot open Database

> and then

> Not supported

> The structure of the report is :a main report with 1 table and 1
> subreport with 2 tables

> Header1 :  TITLE
> Header2 :  SUBREPORT (that needs a multi-value parameter)
> DETAILS: Data from mainReportTable
> Report Footer :
> Page Footer:

> Thanks in advance

> Anala Urbano

Tue, 06 Apr 2004 21:53:55 GMT

1. Make Link subreport with main report using fields (using API)

2. Main report value<-pass/return->subReport values (ActiveX Designer Component 6.0)

3. problem linking a main report to a subreport

4. Linking two subreports to one main report

5. Linking Subreport data to the main report

6. Passing Parameter from Main Report to 3 Subreports

7. How to pass value from the subreport to main report

8. Pass value field subreport to main report

9. Passing values from a subreport to the main report

10. Passing values from subreport to main report

11. using formulas in main reports from subreports?

12. Using main report's data in subreport