Organising fields on crystal report - using cr.net
Author Message
 Organising fields on crystal report - using cr.net

Hi,

I have the following report example:

<textbox1><field1>    <textbox2><field2>     <textbox3><field3>

In my code behind file i am able to hide textbox2 and field2 and i get the
following:

<textbox1><field1>                                        <textbox3><field3>

But i would like the the textbox and field pair to keep together like this:

<textbox1><field1>    <textbox3><field3>

How do i accomplish that ? I am not able to concatenate the textbox/field
pair in a formula, as i have to be able to hide/unhide fields based on some
selections, and i have to translate the textbox values. There must be a
solution to this in Crystal Report.

I hope you understand what i mean :)

Thanks,
Oliver

Mon, 31 Oct 2005 03:33:44 GMT
 Organising fields on crystal report - using cr.net
Oliver, rather than hide the second column, change its field definition to
be field3 and then hide the third column. I have the sample code you need in
Chapter 14 of my free ebook.

A Crystal Reports.NET book for programmers? Its free!
* Covers ASP.NET and Windows Forms
* Teaches all phases of report development
* Alerts you to the bugs and how to get around them
* Maps out the complex ReportDocument object model
* Shows how to perform runtime customization
* Demonstrates all options of connecting with ADO.NET
* Gives complete code listings for every concept presented

www.CrystalReportsBook.com?cpgn=ngcr_051203

HTH,

Brian Bischof

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have the following report example:

> <textbox1><field1>    <textbox2><field2>     <textbox3><field3>

> In my code behind file i am able to hide textbox2 and field2 and i get the
> following:

> <textbox1><field1>
<textbox3><field3>

> But i would like the the textbox and field pair to keep together like
this:

> <textbox1><field1>    <textbox3><field3>

> How do i accomplish that ? I am not able to concatenate the textbox/field
> pair in a formula, as i have to be able to hide/unhide fields based on
some
> selections, and i have to translate the textbox values. There must be a
> solution to this in crystal report.

> I hope you understand what i mean :)

> Thanks,
> Oliver

Mon, 31 Oct 2005 03:41:38 GMT
 Organising fields on crystal report - using cr.net
Hello Brian,
Thank you for reading my post.
Is this also the best solution if i have 15-20 fields ?

I am not able to find your sample code in chapter 14. What do i search for
in you btw. excellent book; have used it alot.

Thanks,
Oliver

Quote:
> Oliver, rather than hide the second column, change its field definition to
> be field3 and then hide the third column. I have the sample code you need
in
> Chapter 14 of my free ebook.

> A Crystal Reports.NET book for programmers? Its free!
> * Covers ASP.NET and Windows Forms
> * Teaches all phases of report development
> * Alerts you to the bugs and how to get around them
> * Maps out the complex ReportDocument object model
> * Shows how to perform runtime customization
> * Demonstrates all options of connecting with ADO.NET
> * Gives complete code listings for every concept presented

> www.CrystalReportsBook.com?cpgn=ngcr_051203

> HTH,

> Brian Bischof

> > Hi,

> > I have the following report example:

> > <textbox1><field1>    <textbox2><field2>     <textbox3><field3>

> > In my code behind file i am able to hide textbox2 and field2 and i get
the
> > following:

> > <textbox1><field1>
> <textbox3><field3>

> > But i would like the the textbox and field pair to keep together like
> this:

> > <textbox1><field1>    <textbox3><field3>

> > How do i accomplish that ? I am not able to concatenate the
textbox/field
> > pair in a formula, as i have to be able to hide/unhide fields based on
> some
> > selections, and i have to translate the textbox values. There must be a
> > solution to this in crystal report.

> > I hope you understand what i mean :)

> > Thanks,
> > Oliver

Mon, 31 Oct 2005 03:53:10 GMT
 Organising fields on crystal report - using cr.net
Sorry about that. I thought I put it in Chapter 14. I'll have to go back and
revise the chapter to cover this topic. Nonetheless, you can find the sample
code you need on page 15 of Chapter 10. This is the best way I know of going
about revising column mapping.

A Crystal Reports.NET book for programmers? Its free!
* Covers ASP.NET and Windows Forms
* Teaches all phases of report development
* Alerts you to the bugs and how to get around them
* Maps out the complex ReportDocument object model
* Shows how to perform runtime customization
* Demonstrates all options of connecting with ADO.NET
* Gives complete code listings for every concept presented

www.CrystalReportsBook.com?cpgn=ngcr_051203

HTH,

Brian Bischof

Quote:
> Hello Brian,
> Thank you for reading my post.
> Is this also the best solution if i have 15-20 fields ?

> I am not able to find your sample code in chapter 14. What do i search for
> in you btw. excellent book; have used it alot.

> Thanks,
> Oliver

> > Oliver, rather than hide the second column, change its field definition
> > be field3 and then hide the third column. I have the sample code you
need
> in
> > Chapter 14 of my free ebook.

> > A Crystal Reports.NET book for programmers? Its free!
> > * Covers ASP.NET and Windows Forms
> > * Teaches all phases of report development
> > * Alerts you to the bugs and how to get around them
> > * Maps out the complex ReportDocument object model
> > * Shows how to perform runtime customization
> > * Demonstrates all options of connecting with ADO.NET
> > * Gives complete code listings for every concept presented

> > www.CrystalReportsBook.com?cpgn=ngcr_051203

> > HTH,

> > Brian Bischof

> > > Hi,

> > > I have the following report example:

> > > <textbox1><field1>    <textbox2><field2>     <textbox3><field3>

> > > In my code behind file i am able to hide textbox2 and field2 and i get
> the
> > > following:

> > > <textbox1><field1>
> > <textbox3><field3>

> > > But i would like the the textbox and field pair to keep together like
> > this:

> > > <textbox1><field1>    <textbox3><field3>

> > > How do i accomplish that ? I am not able to concatenate the
> textbox/field
> > > pair in a formula, as i have to be able to hide/unhide fields based on
> > some
> > > selections, and i have to translate the textbox values. There must be
> > > solution to this in crystal report.

> > > I hope you understand what i mean :)

> > > Thanks,
> > > Oliver

Mon, 31 Oct 2005 05:25:07 GMT

1. Crystal Reports 8.5 (VB6) to Crystal Reports NET (VB.NET) conversion

2. i am using vb.net and crystal reports for visual studio.net

3. Creating RCAPI calls from Crystal Reports and viewing the report using a web application in .net

4. Find good book about using CR.NET with VS.NET and .NET Framework

5. Using Crystal Reports 8.5 to Report Fields From Public Contacts Folder on Exchange 5.5 Server

6. VB.net and crystal reports.net Multiple reports

7. Web Reports (ASP.NET and Crystal Reports for .Net)

8. Linking Crystal Report with a stored Procedure -- crystal report for visual studio.net

9. vb .net crystal reports not compatible with Crystal Reports 8.5

10. Crystal.NET (Version 9) report fields

11. Refering to a crystal report field in vb.net

12. crystal.net dynamically adding fields to report