Mail label formatting based on the record number
Author Message
 Mail label formatting based on the record number

Hi All,

I would like to do some calculations in a report that is in a Mailing
Label format, depending on some of the field values in the next record
in the database.

For eg, for my record number 1, the field 'account balance' is $1,000,
and for my record number 2, the field 'account balance' is $2,000. I
would like to have a formula field in the report that will calculate
the difference of the values of 'account balance' between record
number 1 and record number 2 and display it in a new row. I understand
that for the record number 1, there will be no data in the formula
field.

Can I do this using any of the features of the Crystal Reports 7? Any
suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Roops

Wed, 09 Feb 2005 01:48:12 GMT
 Mail label formatting based on the record number

Quote:
>Subject: Mail label formatting based on the record number

>Date: 8/23/02 12:48 PM Central Daylight Time

>Hi All,

>I would like to do some calculations in a report that is in a Mailing
>Label format, depending on some of the field values in the next record
>in the database.

>For eg, for my record number 1, the field 'account balance' is $1,000,
>and for my record number 2, the field 'account balance' is $2,000. I
>would like to have a formula field in the report that will calculate
>the difference of the values of 'account balance' between record
>number 1 and record number 2 and display it in a new row. I understand
>that for the record number 1, there will be no data in the formula
>field.

>Can I do this using any of the features of the Crystal Reports 7? Any
>suggestions?

>Thanks in advance for your help.

>Roops

That's what the Next function is for.
You can create a formula that would calculate {balance} - Next({balance})

Wed, 09 Feb 2005 04:20:19 GMT
 Mail label formatting based on the record number
Thank you Charliy. That's exactly what I needed.
Quote:

> >Subject: Mail label formatting based on the record number

> >Date: 8/23/02 12:48 PM Central Daylight Time

> >Hi All,

> >I would like to do some calculations in a report that is in a Mailing
> >Label format, depending on some of the field values in the next record
> >in the database.

> >For eg, for my record number 1, the field 'account balance' is $1,000,
> >and for my record number 2, the field 'account balance' is $2,000. I
> >would like to have a formula field in the report that will calculate
> >the difference of the values of 'account balance' between record
> >number 1 and record number 2 and display it in a new row. I understand
> >that for the record number 1, there will be no data in the formula
> >field.

> >Can I do this using any of the features of the Crystal Reports 7? Any
> >suggestions?

> >Thanks in advance for your help.

> >Roops

> That's what the Next function is for.
> You can create a formula that would calculate {balance} - Next({balance})

Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:51:50 GMT

1. Mail Label Format in Crystal Report in .Net

2. Mail Label Format in Crystal Reports in .Net

3. Format Chart -Grid -Label Group Access - Use manual number of groups

4. Record number base on group

5. from Microsoft format Number to IEE format Number

6. Saving the records of a mail merged document to sequentially numbers files

7. Converting a mail message to record format

8. Convert numbers from base 36 to base 10?

9. creating word mailing labels with Mail Merge

10. Eliminate records of one table based on another table record count

11. Spliting a record into many records based on its value

12. Formatting Unformated Numbers in Word to Specific Formats?