changing database
Author Message
 changing database

I've recently got CR 8.5. I used to use the datareports in
VB to do all my reporting then moved to CR 6.

I've just noticed, however, that you can build the report
in VB. Im guessin ghtis makes distribution of the app alot
easier. Would i be right?

However, my main problem is that the user specifies the DB
path at run time. And as its stands my CR are pointing at
the data that was specifed at design time. So how do point
it to the correct database?

Im using:
VB6 SP5
Access 97
CR 8.5

Thanx in advance
Richard, Scotland

Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:54:52 GMT
 changing database

Quote:
> I've recently got CR 8.5. I used to use the datareports in
> VB to do all my reporting then moved to CR 6.

> I've just noticed, however, that you can build the report
> in VB. Im guessin ghtis makes distribution of the app alot
> easier. Would i be right?

> However, my main problem is that the user specifies the DB
> path at run time. And as its stands my CR are pointing at
> the data that was specifed at design time. So how do point
> it to the correct database?

> Im using:
> VB6 SP5
> Access 97
> CR 8.5

> Thanx in advance
> Richard, Scotland

Sun, 02 May 2004 00:28:50 GMT

1. changing databases in odbc doesnt change database in report

2. Changes to Display values w/o changing database values

3. Access crashes after VBA change, database corrupted

4. How to change database path during setup?

5. Change database structure with ADO.NET

6. Changing Databases on a DBGrid

7. HELP ME........Change Database Name

8. Changing Database Field Properties

9. Changing Database Connection In Data Environment

10. Changing database location

11. Changing database connection using Jet OLEDB

12. Cursor was not declared; when changing database engines