Invalid TLV Record in CRViewer
Author Message
 Invalid TLV Record in CRViewer

I am using Windows 95 to run an application written in VB4.  The
machine used to run this report does not have Crystal Reports
installed, but it has CRViewer set up.  I have recently written a
report in Crytal version 8 and installed it on the Windows device.
The database being used is Access 97.  The problem is that whenever I
try to run the report from within the application, I get an error on
print preview that reads, "Invalid TLV Record".  Clicking OK then
closes the report out.  I have checked on crystal decisions website
and microsoft, and both indicate that this has been reported with
corrupt files, or with a report that has a graph in it.

The issue is that whenever I pull the RPT file off this problem device
and run it on a PC using Windows 98 and the same application, it runs
fine, with no errors.  The file also does not contain a graph,so that
can't be the problem.

Has anyone seen this, or can anyone provide any suggestions on where
to research this problem?  Any feedback is greatly appreciated in
advance.  Thanks-

Keith Tyson

Wed, 21 Jan 2004 03:56:59 GMT
 Invalid TLV Record in CRViewer

Quote:

> I am using Windows 95 to run an application written in VB4.  The
> machine ... does not have Crystal Reports
> installed, but it has CRViewer set up.  I have recently written a
> report in Crytal version 8 and installed it on the Windows device.
> The database being used is Access 97.  The problem is that whenever I
> try to run the report from within the application, I get an error on
> print preview that reads, "Invalid TLV Record".
> ... whenever I pull the RPT file off this problem device
> and run it on a PC using Windows 98 ... it runs fine
> Has anyone seen this

We have recently upgraded from Seagate Info 7 to 7.5 - which included
an upgrade from CR7 to CR8.

Seagate Info has two report viewers:  the Info Viewer and the Info
Analyser.

Some of our users are getting this message when they try to view
reports using the Info Analyser.

For users with machines running Win 95, this is a fatal error - the
report closes.  For users with NT machines, pressing ESC causes the
report to load and show a spurious error in a formular.   But they can
escape from this and see the report.

The work-around for us is to use the other viewer, ie the Info Viewer.

But I too would be delighted to hear the real reason and a solution.

Tue, 03 Feb 2004 15:51:56 GMT

1. Invalid TLV Record

2. Invalid TLV Record

3. Invalid TLV record

4. -2147206429 (80043ae3) Invalid TLV Record

5. Error: Invalid TLV record

6. Invalid TLV record error

7. CRAXDRT.DLL and Invalid TLV Record

8. SCR8 - Graphs - "Invalid TLV Record"

9. Invalid TLV Record in Report Designer Component?

10. Invalid TLV Record

11. Invalid TLV Record - Crystal 7 (Delphi 4)

12. Invalid TLV record error