printing a selsct range of pages
Author Message
 printing a selsct range of pages

i sure hope someone can help me out here!

usinf vb4 ee and Crystal Reports 5 prof.

i need to figure out how to allow the user the ability to print only
specific pages of a multi-page report.

the way the app is set up now, it prints the report using
a) a common dialog box with the printer option (5).  however the "pages
# to pages#" portion of the diallog box is disabled.

b) the report is also printed by setting the report.destination to he
printer, and the printer.action =1.  this does not allow for any
variable parameters, namely the page range.

anyone out there who can help me ?

i really appreciate it.

monica

Fri, 11 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 printing a selsct range of pages

Don't try and control from Crystal. Just apply control using the
commondialog control. Use the FromPage and ToPage Methods fo the
commondialog object.

Quote:

>i sure hope someone can help me out here!

>usinf vb4 ee and crystal reports 5 prof.

>i need to figure out how to allow the user the ability to print only
>specific pages of a multi-page report.

>the way the app is set up now, it prints the report using
>a) a common dialog box with the printer option (5).  however the "pages
># to pages#" portion of the diallog box is disabled.

>b) the report is also printed by setting the report.destination to he
>printer, and the printer.action =1.  this does not allow for any
>variable parameters, namely the page range.

>anyone out there who can help me ?

>i really appreciate it.

>monica

Fri, 11 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 printing a selsct range of pages

Quote:
>a) a common dialog box with the printer option (5).  however the "pages
># to pages#" portion of the diallog box is disabled.

Set the proper Flag property for the common dialog to show the selection
range.  Also, specify the MIN and MAX properties for the common dialog.

If you can figure out how to find MAX value without printing the report to
the screen, please let me know.

Quote:
>b) the report is also printed by setting the report.destination to he
>printer, and the printer.action =1.  this does not allow for any
>variable parameters, namely the page range.

Right.  The only way I've been able to achieve this, is to force the user to
print the report to the screen and then use the printer icon on the preview
to print the specific pages.

Ian Lee
ERC, Inc.

Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printing Specific or Range of Pages

2. Print Page Range Question

3. Programmatically Printing a Range of pages.

4. Disabling the page range on the Print Dialog

5. ComonDialog print page range

6. printing page ranges?

7. Printing out a range of pages in WebBrowser control

8. printing a range of pages

9. Very simple Range question - beggining the range on 3rd page onwards

10. How can I set a Range from Page X to Page Y

11. Print range from print dialogue box

12. SendObject - controlling the range of pages in the report