VB 6 & Crystal Report
Author Message
 VB 6 & Crystal Report

Hello,
i used for first time Crystal Report.
My report working fine in Crystal report, but i don't know how to call in
Visual Basic.
I try with cristalreport.action=1 after setting the database name, the
report filename ecc.. but i have the same error:
Run-time Error '20536': Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters.

I have a normal Access database, without password, but in the report i use
SQL.

I have visual basic 6 and Crystal report 4.6.

thanks for help.

p.s.: i can send in email the report and the database. If someone know

Sun, 22 Feb 2004 01:38:00 GMT
 VB 6 & Crystal Report
Here is the code that works fine for me using VB 6.0 and Crystal
Reports 4.6

'if using ODBC connection
crysRep.Connect = "ODBC; DBQ=dsnname;DSN=dsnname; UID=;"

crysRep.ReportFileName = "C:\temp\Report1.rpt"

'If using any Paramater in crystal report
crysRep.ParameterFields(0) = "dFloor;24;TRUE"

crysRep.Action = 1

Make sure you go to the properties of the Crystal Report ocx and point
it to the source where you want the output. If it still doesn't work
you can send me the code and I can take a look at it.

Bunts
Merill {*filter*}

Quote:

> Hello,
> i used for first time Crystal Report.
> My report working fine in Crystal report, but i don't know how to call in
> visual basic.
> I try with cristalreport.action=1 after setting the database name, the
> report filename ecc.. but i have the same error:
> Run-time Error '20536': Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters.

> I have a normal Access database, without password, but in the report i use
> SQL.

> I have visual basic 6 and Crystal report 4.6.

> thanks for help.

> p.s.: i can send in email the report and the database. If someone know

Tue, 24 Feb 2004 04:29:02 GMT
 VB 6 & Crystal Report
Hi Bunts, thanks very much for your help.
Now my report work very good!

I try everything to connect with my report from Visual Basic, and before
your help i planning to rewrite my report without use SQL/ODBC, but just
Data File.

Thanks Francesco.

Quote:
> Here is the code that works fine for me using VB 6.0 and Crystal
> Reports 4.6

> 'if using ODBC connection
> crysRep.Connect = "ODBC; DBQ=dsnname;DSN=dsnname; UID=;"

> crysRep.ReportFileName = "C:\temp\Report1.rpt"

> 'If using any Paramater in crystal report
> crysRep.ParameterFields(0) = "dFloor;24;TRUE"

> crysRep.Action = 1

> Make sure you go to the properties of the Crystal Report ocx and point
> it to the source where you want the output. If it still doesn't work
> you can send me the code and I can take a look at it.

> Bunts
> Merill {*filter*}

> > Hello,
> > i used for first time Crystal Report.
> > My report working fine in Crystal report, but i don't know how to call
in
> > visual basic.
> > I try with cristalreport.action=1 after setting the database name, the
> > report filename ecc.. but i have the same error:
> > Run-time Error '20536': Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters.

> > I have a normal Access database, without password, but in the report i
use
> > SQL.

> > I have visual basic 6 and Crystal report 4.6.

> > thanks for help.

> > p.s.: i can send in email the report and the database. If someone know

Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:28:17 GMT

1. VB.NET & Crystal Reports .NET -- Archictecture question...

2. VB 3.0 & Crystal Reports - 'Cannot Open CRPE'

3. Printing documents using Access, VB 5.0 & Crystal Reports

4. Crystal Reports 7 && VB 5.0

5. Crystal Reports 8.5 (VB6) to Crystal Reports NET (VB.NET) conversion

6. vb .net crystal reports not compatible with Crystal Reports 8.5

7. Different between VB's Crystal Report and Seagate Crystal Report

8. Crystal reports & VB 5 Pro

9. VB & Crystal Report

10. VB 4.0 & Access 7.0 Crystal Reports

11. Help with Crystal Reports & VB 3.0