Slow ReportSelectionFormula + Change MDB Path
Author Message
 Slow ReportSelectionFormula + Change MDB Path

I'm working with Visual Basic 6, a MDB file as data source and Crystal
report 8.5, but I'm using external .rpt files (they come from a
previous version of Crystal and I want them not included in VB).

My reports have as data source very generic MSAccess queries  that I
filter each time using a RecordSelectionFormula

My function to view Crystal Reports works like this:

    Fuction ShowPDF (MySelectionFormula as string, MyReport as string)

       Dim tApp As CRAXDRT.Application
       Dim tReport As CRAXDDRT.report

       Set tApp = CreateObject("CrystalRuntime.Application")
       Set tReport = tApp.OpenReport(MyReport)
       tReport.RecordSelectionFormula = MySelectionFormula
       ReportViewer.CRViewer.ReportSource = tReport
       ReportViewer.CRViewer.ViewReport

    End Function

This works but if I have a lot of records in the original query (I'm
speaking of 1000 records) it becomes really slow. How can I make it
faster?

Another question : How can I do if I want to change the path
of the MDB source by code?

Thank you

Luisa

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 18:31:31 GMT

1. changing .mdb path in crystal report using vb 4.0

2. Change mdb path

3. changing .mdb path in crystal report using vb 4.0

4. PATH-APP AND MDB-PATH

5. app-path and mdb-path

6. Parsing an HTML Document - Change Relative paths to fully qualified paths

7. ? How do you change a path to a dos path name

8. Changing Long Paths to Short Paths in a 16-bit App

9. Slow Performance with Access MDB

10. Access drastically slowed by Norton Anti-Virus 5 testing of .mdb files

11. MDB-write much too slow

12. DBCombo too slow with MDB