sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server
Author Message
 sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server

I explain you my problem:

We're working with Visual Basic 5.0 and SQL Server 6.5 in a simple two parts
application.
And we work most of time with DAO.
In this case I'm able to force the ODBC driver to connect using a trusted
connection.

Below is an example of the connection string used to create my trusted
connection:

sChaineDeConnexion = "ODBC;DRIVER={SQL Server};DSN=SQL
Server;SERVER=XXX233;DATABASE=XXXQB01"
Set wrkODBC = CreateWorkspace("wrkODBC", "", "", dao.dbUseODBC)
Set myCONNEC = wrkODBC.OpenConnection("XXXQB01", dbDriverNoPrompt, Not
dbReadOnly, sChaineDeConnexion)

First question:
? Is it the good way to connect ?

Second question:
Now I have to add an Access database to my project, with linked tables.
? How can I refresh the tables without a connecting window to appear ?

Thu, 08 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server

2. sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server

3. Using Vbscript and SQL-DMO to connect to SQL Server and run a T-SQL script

4. migration vb3.0: from access 2.0 to sql server 6.5

5. Connecting SQL Server 7 with WebServer as well as Local Server

6. connect to sql server through sql-dmo

7. Can not find SQL Server (I'm not using SQL Server)

8. VB Sql Server Via ADO Problem: [Microsoft][ODBC Sql Server Driver]

9. VB6 application using SQL Server 2000 migrating db to SQL Server 2

10. Connect Access Forms to SQL Server DB

11. Trouble connecting to SQL Server 7 via Access Project

12. Crystal 5 Connecting to 2 ODBC connections (One SQL Server, the other ACCESS)