Can't access data from two unrelated queries stored in MS Access
Author Message
 Can't access data from two unrelated queries stored in MS Access

As my data for my CR7 Report I am using two queries stored in an Access
database. I can browse the data from the fields of both queries however the
data of only one query shows up in my report.  Please help!

Shaun

Tue, 07 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't access data from two unrelated queries stored in MS Access

Hi Shaun,

There are two problems here.  The first is the fundamental part of Crystal; it
is a Relational Database Report Writer.  If your tables are non-relational then
you are pretty much hooped.

The second problem here is that you are using multiple Access queries.  This is
another issue that Crystal has problems with.  Crystal will only work with one
recordset coming back from the database.  Crystal assumes that if you are using
Access Queries or a Stored Procedure from a SQL Database then you will be
working with only one recordset.  Crystal will execute all of your queries but
the one that returns the recordset back first is the one that gets into the
report.

There are a couple of things you can try if you have the proper version.  The
first is to use subreports.  One report for each query.  This way you still
work with both recordsets but only one per reports.  The other suggestion is to
run your queries outside of Crystal, merge the data to one recordset and then
pass it to Crystal.

Without knowing any details of how the report looks like, I can't suggest which
one to do but that should steer you in the right direction at least.
--
Sincerely,
Brian Dong

To reply, remove nospam from the address.

Quote:

> As my data for my CR7 Report I am using two queries stored in an Access
> database. I can browse the data from the fields of both queries however the
> data of only one query shows up in my report.  Please help!

> Shaun

Tue, 07 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADO vs DAO when accessing data stored in MS Access

2. 'Canned' data in VB program

3. using VB to query web data and store in access

4. data environment - stored procedure - ms access 2000 db

5. Question: accessing a stored Access query from VB5 app

6. User functions in Access Stored Queries accessing through VB

7. User functions in Access Stored Queries accessing through VB

8. Parameters on action query for MS Access data environment

9. Accessing MS-Access queries from VB3

10. Executing MS SQL Server 2000 stored procs via MS Access 2000

11. DLL for accessing data in MS-Access

12. Access 2000 converted to Access 97 report query data type errors