error 20533 - Unable to open database
Author Message
 error 20533 - Unable to open database

I have a VB6 application that uses CR 8.0 It uses around 10 reports.
it works fine on the mechine from where it has been developed (win98)
and any PC where win xp, win2000 or win me is installed. On any other
win 98 PC I get an error 20533 - Unable to open database. the
installation is created by PD wizard provided by VB.
I have tried installing Crystal Report on the PC where it fails to
work.. but again failed. Do any one know about this problem. How can i
make work this applicationin a win 98 PC with out installing VB and
Crystal Report.
thanks in advance

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 05:42:39 GMT
 error 20533 - Unable to open database
I have a VB6 application that uses CR 8.0 It uses around 10 reports.
it works fine on the mechine from where it has been developed (win98)
and any PC where win xp, win2000 or win me is installed. On any other
win 98 PC I get an error 20533 - Unable to open database. the
installation is created by PD wizard provided by VB.
I have tried installing crystal report on the PC where it fails to
work.. but again failed. Do any one know about this problem. How can i
make work this applicationin a win 98 PC with out installing VB and
Crystal Report.
thanks in advance

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 05:43:55 GMT
 error 20533 - Unable to open database
Do you have installed the MDAC components and DCOM98 ?
Maybe the version of ado is not the same...

Quote:
> I have a VB6 application that uses CR 8.0 It uses around 10 reports.
> it works fine on the mechine from where it has been developed (win98)
> and any PC where win xp, win2000 or win me is installed. On any other
> win 98 PC I get an error 20533 - Unable to open database. the
> installation is created by PD wizard provided by VB.
> I have tried installing crystal report on the PC where it fails to
> work.. but again failed. Do any one know about this problem. How can i
> make work this applicationin a win 98 PC with out installing VB and
> Crystal Report.
> thanks in advance

Wed, 22 Dec 2004 06:49:16 GMT
 error 20533 - Unable to open database
thanks for the reply!!
i have solved the problem.
first i changed the database name to report files folder. then i have
registered some dlls which is required by this software but not
exported by VB package developer vizard. (i wonder why?). the dlls are
oleaut32.dll
olepro32.dll
asycfilt.dll
stdole2.tlb
comcat.dll
dao360.dll
crviewer.dll
________________________________________________________gr8n
Quote:

> Do you have installed the MDAC components and DCOM98 ?
> Maybe the version of ado is not the same...

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 13:08:57 GMT

1. Error 20533 (unable to open Database) in Crystal Reports

2. Error '20533' Unable to open database

3. Error 20533 Cannot open Database

4. Runtime error '20533': Unable to open database! HELP

5. Crystal Reports Error - Unable to Open database

6. Error Unable to open Database

7. error 20533

8. Error 20533 (Fixed - Sort of)

9. error 20533

10. error 20533

11. error 20533

12. VB Error 20533 Using Crystal Reports