Using Is Null in Selection Expert ????
Author Message
 Using Is Null in Selection Expert ????

I'm trying to see Customers who haven't given their phone number... One would
think that I could do a Selection Where phone# Is Null, but Noooo.

What am I missing? Where can a find a way to do this?

Sat, 24 Sep 2005 07:23:11 GMT
 Using Is Null in Selection Expert ????
You should be able to use a statement like:  IsNull(Table.Phone_no) in your
record selection formula.  This should work if the desired record actually
contain a null value in that field.  You might have to also look for:
Table.Phone_no = "" or something other than null.

Bob Holmes

Quote:
> I'm trying to see Customers who haven't given their phone number... One
would
> think that I could do a Selection Where phone# Is Null, but Noooo.

> What am I missing? Where can a find a way to do this?

Sat, 24 Sep 2005 21:24:18 GMT
 Using Is Null in Selection Expert ????
What your'e probably missing is Charliy's Crystal Rule #! : The test for Null
must ALWAYS be first.

<< Subject: Re: Using Is Null in Selection Expert ????

Date: Tue, Apr 8, 2003 8:24 AM

You should be able to use a statement like:  IsNull(Table.Phone_no) in your
record selection formula.  This should work if the desired record actually
contain a null value in that field.  You might have to also look for:
Table.Phone_no = "" or something other than null.

Bob Holmes

Quote:
> I'm trying to see Customers who haven't given their phone number... One
would
> think that I could do a Selection Where phone# Is Null, but Noooo.

> What am I missing? Where can a find a way to do this? >>

Sun, 25 Sep 2005 07:40:39 GMT

1. using like with the selection expert

2. Am I top Windows expert?

3. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

4. I am looking to hire an expert in Outlook 2000 programming

5. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

6. VB questions for the Experts: Complete NULL record.....

7. VB questions for the Experts: Complete NULL record.....

8. Selection Expert

9. Null Values - WHY am I getting this error?

10. Crystal Reports 8.5 date range parameter field - record selection that includes null date range

11. Checking for a null field with selection criteria.

12. Null Null Null!!!!!!!!!