Error 20534. Error detected by database DLL.
Author Message
 Error 20534. Error detected by database DLL.

I am using Ms Access for Office 97 as the database, connecting via the jet
engine and the Crystal control on a VB5 form.
When I try and produce the report I receive the following error.
I am using Crystal ver 4.6.1.0. This only happens on the machines I am
distributing to and not my development machine.
I am obviously missing a dll, but am not sure which one. The help file is
not much help on this error.
Please can someone help me out here
Thanks
Chris Perkins

Tue, 15 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 20534. Error detected by database DLL.
Hi Chris,

Crystal Reports gives a rather nebulous answer to the error code 20534,
which is "Error Detected By Database DLL. The database DLL is corrupt."

I have personally received this error after I have made changes to the
database structure of one or more of the files in the database and have not
run the "VERIFY DATABASE" function.  This function must be run to update the
internal report structures of Crystal.  Changes will not affect you when
running from within CR but they do impact any external references to the
report file.

Try this solution first to see if you get any messages that your database
has changed otherwise the message should be "Database is up to date".

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bob M

Quote:

>I am using Ms Access for Office 97 as the database, connecting via the jet
>engine and the Crystal control on a VB5 form.
>When I try and produce the report I receive the following error.
>I am using Crystal ver 4.6.1.0. This only happens on the machines I am
>distributing to and not my development machine.
>I am obviously missing a dll, but am not sure which one. The help file is
>not much help on this error.
>Please can someone help me out here
>Thanks
>Chris Perkins

Tue, 15 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 20534. Error detected by database DLL.
Dependencies for CRYSTL32.OCX

[CRYSTL32.ocx]
Dest=$(WinSysPath)
Register=$(DLLSelfRegister)
Version=5.0.0.208
Uses1=CRPE32.DLL
Uses2=ComCat.dll
Uses3=

[ComCat.dll]
Dest=$(WinSysPathSysFile)
Register=$(DLLSelfRegister)
Uses1=

[CRPE32.DLL]
Dest=$(WinSysPath)
Uses1=IMPLODE.DLL
Uses2=PG32.DLL
Uses3=CO2C40EN.DLL
Uses4=CRXLAT32.DLL
; database dlls
Uses5=P2BBND.DLL
Uses6=P2BDAO.DLL
Uses7=P2CTDAO.DLL
Uses8=P2IRDAO.DLL
Uses9=P2SODBC.DLL
; export destination dlls
Uses10=U2DDISK.DLL
Uses11=U2DMAPI.DLL
; export format dlls
Uses12=U2FCR.DLL
Uses13=U2FDIF.DLL
Uses14=U2FHTML.DLL
Uses15=U2FREC.DLL
Uses16=U2FRTF.DLL
Uses17=U2FSEPV.DLL
Uses18=U2FTEXT.DLL
Uses19=U2FWKS.DLL
Uses20=U2FWORDW.DLL
Uses21=U2FXLS.DLL
Uses22=crpaig32.dll
Uses23=

as you can see, if the setup wizard hasn't found the above dependencies,
your
program will not distribute the required files above.

checkout these files on www.seagate.com

http://www.seagatesoftware.com/prod-bi-techsupp/kbase/c1469101.asp
http://www.seagatesoftware.com/prod-bi-techsupp/kbase/c1520701.asp
http://www.seagatesoftware.com/prod-bi-techsupp/kbase/c1416996.asp
http://www.seagatesoftware.com/prod-bi-techsupp/kbase/c1467756.asp
http://www.seagatesoftware.com/prod-bi-techsupp/kbase/c1473381.asp
http://www.seagatesoftware.com/prod-bi-techsupp/kbase/c1253954.asp

Hope this was neither a waste of space, nor of my TIME!

RESOURSES.

GO HERE:
http://search.seagatesoftware.com/techsupp/KbaseSearch.asp?prefix=liv...
(the search facility isn't fantastic, but if you look hard enough you will
find documentation and sample programs. Most are out of date now, and I
think someone should do something about that. Also the knowledge base is a
bit out of date, but at the same time invaluable).

also try their anonymous ftp site:        ftp.img.seagatesoftware.com
(many examples, and easier to find than looking in the site. When you cannot
find what you want, you should look in here)

BOOKS:
VB5 programmer's guide to the Win32 API by Dan Appleman (excellent)

A.Joannou
I.T. Officer
ARNB UK

Mon, 04 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 20534. Error detected by database DLL.
Master,

    I have tried your method and read thro all the stuff in Seagate.  But, I
still encounted problem in solving the Error 20534.

    For my case, my VB project is built with VB4 and converted to VB6.  In
the VB4 environment, it works fine.  After migrating to the VB6, the 20534
error occured.  In addition, the database is also converted from Access 2 to
97 at the same time where it is a database with security control.

   Some other people told me to verify the database again.  But, for my
case, it is still not working.  After I set to debug mode, I saw the below
error messages one after another during program running (also, during the
verify database process):
 - Error opening files.  there are no ifeld in the file <table name>
 - Records can't be read.  No read permission.
 - Error detected by database dll.

    I am now using the VB6 with crystal report 4.6.1.

    Would you mind kindly providing me a helping hand?  Urgent!

Wing.

Quote:

> [...]

>http://www.seagatesoftware.com/prod-bi-techsupp/kbase/c1253954.asp

>Hope this was neither a waste of space, nor of my TIME!

>RESOURSES.

>GO HERE:
>http://search.seagatesoftware.com/techsupp/KbaseSearch.asp?prefix=liv...
>(the search facility isn't fantastic, but if you look hard enough you will
>find documentation and sample programs. Most are out of date now, and I
>think someone should do something about that. Also the knowledge base is a
>bit out of date, but at the same time invaluable).

>also try their anonymous ftp site:        ftp.img.seagatesoftware.com
>(many examples, and easier to find than looking in the site. When you
cannot
>find what you want, you should look in here)

>BOOKS:
>VB5 programmer's guide to the Win32 API by Dan Appleman (excellent)

Tue, 12 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 20534. Error detected by database DLL.
I have the same problem, with VB6 and Crystal report 5.0.6.97
By default, VB6 works with DAO 3.51 and CR 4.6 (5.0) only with DAO 3.0.!
Seems That they can't work together.

If You set  VB6 reference to  DAO 3.0, CR works fine, but DAO recordset's
NO!

Probably  we need CR 5.0.0.206 or CR 6.0...

Sun, 17 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 20534. Error detected by database DLL.

Quote:
> I have the same problem, with VB6 and Crystal report 5.0.6.97
> By default, VB6 works with DAO 3.51 and CR 4.6 (5.0) only with DAO 3.0.!
> Seems That they can't work together.

> If You set  VB6 reference to  DAO 3.0, CR works fine, but DAO recordset's
> NO!

> Probably  we need CR 5.0.0.206 or CR 6.0...

There is at least one FAQ document on Crystal's knowledgebase.  Go go
SeagateSoftware.com and drill down to Crystal tech support and to the
knowledgebase.  The search engine is fairly easy to use.

Steve Cartier

Tue, 19 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error 20534 - Error Detected by Database DLL

2. 20534 - Error detected by database dll

3. 20534 : error detected in database dll

4. 20534:Error detected by database DLL

5. Error 20534 - Error Detected by database DLL. The database DLL is Corrupt.

6. Error "20534: Error detected by database DLL"

7. Error 20534 'Error Detected By Database DLL'

8. Run-time error "20534: Error detected by database DLL"=> Help

9. Crystal Reports DLL Error #20534 (VB40-16)

10. Crystal Reports DLL error 20534

11. Error 20534!!!! NECESITO DLL

12. Error: "Error detected by Database DLL"