help! Version 4.5.1.2 <-> 4.6.1.0 or Win 95 <-> NT
Author Message
 help! Version 4.5.1.2 <-> 4.6.1.0 or Win 95 <-> NT

Hi.

We're trying to learn how to use Crystal Reports in VC++, so currently we
are using the versions that come free with VC++, until we are convinced that
it's worth buying it. Now I installed both versions 4.5.1.2 and version
4.6.1.0 (with VB version 5.0) on a Win 95 - machine, and I made a report
using the DTSToTimeString-function. I got my report fully functional, and I
could even use it from a VC++ program. Later, it had to be tested on a Win
NT-machine, and that's when the trouble begun ! For some reason, Crystal
Reports doesn't know the "Additional Functions", amongst which
DTSToTimeString !!
Has anybody else had this problem, or does anybody have an idea of what may
be the cause ? And is there reasonable hope that version 7.0 (which we are
considering buying) will not have problems like that ?

Thanks for any help...
  Nick

Tue, 15 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 help! Version 4.5.1.2 <-> 4.6.1.0 or Win 95 <-> NT
No offense Nick, but don't judge a product on a version that is 3 years old.

As for your problem, the DTSToTimeString function is a UFL function. Make
sure all the UFLs U2Lxxxx.DLL are in your Winnt\Crystal directory.

But once again, it's hard to compare 4.5 and 7. Why not get an eval copy of
7 and try that out.

Just a sugestion.

RM

Quote:

>Hi.

>We're trying to learn how to use Crystal Reports in VC++, so currently we
>are using the versions that come free with VC++, until we are convinced
that
>it's worth buying it. Now I installed both versions 4.5.1.2 and version
>4.6.1.0 (with VB version 5.0) on a Win 95 - machine, and I made a report
>using the DTSToTimeString-function. I got my report fully functional, and I
>could even use it from a VC++ program. Later, it had to be tested on a Win
>NT-machine, and that's when the trouble begun ! For some reason, Crystal
>Reports doesn't know the "Additional Functions", amongst which
>DTSToTimeString !!
>Has anybody else had this problem, or does anybody have an idea of what may
>be the cause ? And is there reasonable hope that version 7.0 (which we are
>considering buying) will not have problems like that ?

>Thanks for any help...

Thu, 17 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 help! Version 4.5.1.2 <-> 4.6.1.0 or Win 95 <-> NT
Thanks for the reaction, Ryan. I Really didn't mean to judge the product...
I do believe that the new version will indeed do a lot better. In fact:
we're ordering it just this moment =)

The problem seemed to be the DLL's indeed. For some strange reason I had
more DLL's installed than my friend on his NT-machine (though he used the
same installation program for version 4.6.1.0 - the installation for version
4.5.1.2 wouldn't even work on his machine)
We got that part working now. The only problem left now, is that the
Preview-window doesn't show up properly on NT, though the code is a direct
copy of that in the demo-program that came with CR, and that one does work !

Any way, thank you very much for the reaction...

     Nick Sabbe
     for CAPCO NV.

Quote:

>No offense Nick, but don't judge a product on a version that is 3 years
old.

>As for your problem, the DTSToTimeString function is a UFL function. Make
>sure all the UFLs U2Lxxxx.DLL are in your Winnt\Crystal directory.

>But once again, it's hard to compare 4.5 and 7. Why not get an eval copy of
>7 and try that out.

>Just a sugestion.

>RM

Fri, 18 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP >>>>>>WIN API <<<<<<<<<<

5. <<<`<<Is SQL SERVER supplied with Windows NT???>>>>>

6. >>>>HELP ME WITH DATEVALUE IN UK FORMAT<<<<<<<

7. <<<<HELP- OLE container Control>>>>>>>>>

8. VB5<->RDO2<->ODBC<->ORACLE Procedure Problem

9. <<<Cneck Box>>>

10. <<<Gif Files>>>

11. <<<CD ROM>>>

12. <<<Win32Api.TXT>>>