Crystal 8.5 Pro and Crystal from VS.Net
Author Message
 Crystal 8.5 Pro and Crystal from VS.Net

I have a problem with distributing my VB.Net application which uses
CrystalViewer control. I came to these questions: May these 2 Crystals
conflict somehow? Is there any requirement for installation of both of them
on the same machine? Does anybody have them both on the same machine and if
yes, did you do already setup for your .Net project with Crystal?
Thank you
Vlad

Sat, 30 Oct 2004 08:08:45 GMT
 Crystal 8.5 Pro and Crystal from VS.Net
I have both...what problem are you encountering?

Jim

Quote:
> I have a problem with distributing my VB.Net application which uses
> CrystalViewer control. I came to these questions: May these 2 Crystals
> conflict somehow? Is there any requirement for installation of both of
them
> on the same machine? Does anybody have them both on the same machine and
if
> yes, did you do already setup for your .Net project with Crystal?
> Thank you
> Vlad

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 00:15:14 GMT
 Crystal 8.5 Pro and Crystal from VS.Net
Jim,
I'm working with VB.Net. I created one form with CRViewer control on it.
When I'm running my app on the development machine CRViewer displays the
report just fine. Then I created setup for my application. I included all
Crystal related assemblies in that setup, plus I added RegWiz.msm file and I
entered License Key in that file. After running setup on a user machine
everything works fine except the form with CRViewer. It produces an error
"Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll, or invalid keycode". I tried to enter one by one
both License Keys from CR 8.5 and from CR from VS.Net package. No success.
My application doesn't want to display report even if I install Crystal
Reports 8.5 on a user machine.
Have you ever made any setup of application (VB.Net) containing CRViewer
control? If yes, have you had any problem with CR on user machine?
Thank you
Vlad

Quote:
> I have both...what problem are you encountering?

> Jim

> > I have a problem with distributing my VB.Net application which uses
> > CrystalViewer control. I came to these questions: May these 2 Crystals
> > conflict somehow? Is there any requirement for installation of both of
> them
> > on the same machine? Does anybody have them both on the same machine and
> if
> > yes, did you do already setup for your .Net project with Crystal?
> > Thank you
> > Vlad

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 08:25:56 GMT
 Crystal 8.5 Pro and Crystal from VS.Net
I included Database_Access.msm, Database_Access_enu.msm, Managed.msm,
regwiz.msm.  Under regwiz.msm, I copied the keycode from Help > About.
NOTE: The keycode is the longer number (i.e. not the Registration Code).  I
had some problems, but most of it was related to MDAC.

Jim

Quote:
> Jim,
> I'm working with VB.Net. I created one form with CRViewer control on it.
> When I'm running my app on the development machine CRViewer displays the
> report just fine. Then I created setup for my application. I included all
> Crystal related assemblies in that setup, plus I added RegWiz.msm file and
> entered License Key in that file. After running setup on a user machine
> everything works fine except the form with CRViewer. It produces an error
> "Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll, or invalid keycode". I tried to enter one by
one
> both License Keys from CR 8.5 and from CR from VS.Net package. No success.
> My application doesn't want to display report even if I install Crystal
> Reports 8.5 on a user machine.
> Have you ever made any setup of application (VB.Net) containing CRViewer
> control? If yes, have you had any problem with CR on user machine?
> Thank you
> Vlad

> > I have both...what problem are you encountering?

> > Jim

> > > I have a problem with distributing my VB.Net application which uses
> > > CrystalViewer control. I came to these questions: May these 2 Crystals
> > > conflict somehow? Is there any requirement for installation of both of
> > them
> > > on the same machine? Does anybody have them both on the same machine
and
> > if
> > > yes, did you do already setup for your .Net project with Crystal?
> > > Thank you
> > > Vlad

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 21:16:08 GMT

1. Crystal Reports 8.5 (VB6) to Crystal Reports NET (VB.NET) conversion

2. vb .net crystal reports not compatible with Crystal Reports 8.5

3. Installing Crystal Reports 8.5 Developer Edn over Pro Edn

4. Running Crystal 8.5 Reports on Crystal 9 RAS

5. Crystal Report 8.5 and VB .net

6. Crystal 8.5/VB.NET (Connecting)

7. Crystal 8.5 and .NET licensing question

8. Crystal 8.5 and .NET : Incompatible ?

9. Crystal 8.5/VB.NET (Connecting)

10. Crystal Upgrade to 8.5 or .NET ?

11. Crystal 8.5 and .NET licensing question

12. Crystal Subreport insanity (asp.net CR 8.5)