Crystal Report API help
Author Message
 Crystal Report API help

Hi,

  I've just started using Crystal Report. I've been into database
programming faily long enough, but I have never printed reports. Would
someone please point me to a good resource site on VB Crystal Report? What
about the API?

  Thanks
- Eddy Young

Tue, 08 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Report API help

 Would someone please point me to a good resource site on VB Crystal
Report? What

Quote:
> about the API ?

You have found the right place right here.

Wed, 09 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Report API help

Hi,

I agree with Tom here.  If you are using the Full Professional version of
Crystal Reports, you will find a sample VB application that uses the Print
Engine API calls as well as a sample that uses the OCX.  You will find
these in the \CRW\Samples directory.

Brian Dong

Quote:
>  Would someone please point me to a good resource site on VB Crystal
> Report? What
> > about the API ?

> You have found the right place right here.

Fri, 11 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Report API help

HI Brian what you didn't tell the reader is that sample application doesn't
work with CR 6.0 and VB5.0.  The Sheridan 3d Controls that come with VB 4.0
and lower were eliminated in VB5.0 (But they are on the disk if you can
find them). I have been working with CR tech support for about 3 weeks now
to figure out what needs to be done. Maybe in another 3 weeks I will have
the answer.

Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Report API help

Well in light of my previous post I was told by CR support that what I need
is Treed32.Ocx which is on the Vb5.0 Cd. In the directory with Treed32.Ocx
is the explanation of how to register it and also register the license. You
need to do both. The app will then run.

But don't try to compile it as the compile will crash. My first crash was
on a line that was  "Fonts!....." Replace "Fonts" with "Main" and you get
by this one. The second compile crash is about a variable mistyping it
appears that a variable is declared in the module as type integer and needs
to be typed as type Long. As you try to update the code you will find that
all of the files are marked Read Only for some strange reason

That is as far as I got. Sure doesn't give me warm fuzzies about CR's
quality control.

Tue, 15 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Report API help

Visit http://www.datadynamics.com

Quote:

>Hi,

>  I've just started using Crystal Report. I've been into database
>programming faily long enough, but I have never printed reports. Would
>someone please point me to a good resource site on VB Crystal Report? What
>about the API?

>  Thanks
>- Eddy Young

Sat, 19 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printing Crystal Reports without Crystal Control ActiveX or Crystal Reports API call

2. Crystal Reports 4.5 to Seagate Crystal Info 6.0 API

3. Crystal Report Help Please or Tell me where to get Crystal Help

4. Good Reporting Tool for VB to SQL (Currently Use Crystal) or Crystal w/SQL Help Appreciated

5. Linking Crystal Report with a stored Procedure -- crystal report for visual studio.net

6. Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8

7. Help With Crystal Reports: Crashes Program After Showing Second Report

8. Help Help Help with Crystal report

9. Printing Crystal Reports report help needed

10. VB4 and Crystal Reports - report error 20000 HELP!!

11. Need help printing LARGE reports with vb3.0 and Crystal Reports

12. Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8