Crystal 7 and SQL2000
Author Message
 Crystal 7 and SQL2000

Does anyone know if Crystal Reports 7 (Report Designer) would work
correctly with SQL2000?

I have a problem that when I connect through an ODBC connection to the
database, it only shows the sysconstraints and syssegments tables -
none of the user-defined ones.

Any suggestions?

Tue, 24 May 2005 16:49:27 GMT
 Crystal 7 and SQL2000
For generating reports, I suggest you to try Rpv Printing System. Since Rpv
doesn't connect to the database, ODBC are no required. You will learn to use
Rpv in less than three hours.
Support, docs and free edition available.
Please, contact me in order to get more information about, like a user
manual, examples, all for free.

T. Tokman
http://www.rpvreport.com

Quote:
> Does anyone know if Crystal Reports 7 (Report Designer) would work
> correctly with SQL2000?

> I have a problem that when I connect through an ODBC connection to the
> database, it only shows the sysconstraints and syssegments tables -
> none of the user-defined ones.

> Any suggestions?

Tue, 24 May 2005 20:41:28 GMT
 Crystal 7 and SQL2000

Quote:
> For generating reports, I suggest you to try Rpv Printing System. Since
Rpv
> doesn't connect to the database, ODBC are no required. You will learn to
use
> Rpv in less than three hours.
> Support, docs and free edition available.
> Please, contact me in order to get more information about, like a user
> manual, examples, all for free.

> T. Tokman
> http://www.rpvreport.com

Tomas.
Rpv looks pretty hokey.  Not to mention, you didn't answer Victor's
question.

Victor,
We are using Crystal Reports 7 against SQL Server 2000.  However, to confirm
platform compatibility check the PLATFORMS.TXT on the installation CD.  It
will list the database types and versions supported.

Brad

Wed, 25 May 2005 19:50:08 GMT
 Crystal 7 and SQL2000
Just trying to help him. If your tool isn't working, changing the tool is
not a bad idea. Nothing more.

Best regards.

Quote:

> > For generating reports, I suggest you to try Rpv Printing System. Since
> Rpv
> > doesn't connect to the database, ODBC are no required. You will learn to
> use
> > Rpv in less than three hours.
> > Support, docs and free edition available.
> > Please, contact me in order to get more information about, like a user
> > manual, examples, all for free.

> > T. Tokman
> > http://www.rpvreport.com

> Tomas.
> Rpv looks pretty hokey.  Not to mention, you didn't answer Victor's
> question.

> Victor,
> We are using Crystal Reports 7 against SQL Server 2000.  However, to
confirm
> platform compatibility check the PLATFORMS.TXT on the installation CD.  It
> will list the database types and versions supported.

> Brad

Sat, 28 May 2005 03:36:46 GMT
 Crystal 7 and SQL2000
Fair enough. However, I've noticed most people don't invest the to learn to
use the tool effectively.  "A fool with a tool is still a fool".

Brad

Quote:
> Just trying to help him. If your tool isn't working, changing the tool is
> not a bad idea. Nothing more.

> Best regards.

> > > For generating reports, I suggest you to try Rpv Printing System.
Since
> > Rpv
> > > doesn't connect to the database, ODBC are no required. You will learn
> > use
> > > Rpv in less than three hours.
> > > Support, docs and free edition available.
> > > Please, contact me in order to get more information about, like a user
> > > manual, examples, all for free.

> > > T. Tokman
> > > http://www.rpvreport.com

> > Tomas.
> > Rpv looks pretty hokey.  Not to mention, you didn't answer Victor's
> > question.

> > Victor,
> > We are using Crystal Reports 7 against SQL Server 2000.  However, to
> confirm
> > platform compatibility check the PLATFORMS.TXT on the installation CD.
It
> > will list the database types and versions supported.

> > Brad

Sun, 29 May 2005 00:16:43 GMT

1. Integrated Security Issues with SQL2000 and Crystal 8

2. asian languages stored in SQL2000

3. Storing and retrieveing Images using sql2000

4. Major problem with VB.Net - SQL2000 and DateTime format

5. import csv into access/sql2000 but reversed

6. VB AND MS SQL2000

7. VB6 AND DTS on sql2000 server

8. XML From SQL2000 (Probs with FOR XML EXPLICIT)

9. CR9 and SQL2000 stored procedure parameters

10. MS SQL2000 stored procedure

11. VB6 - CR8.5 > SQL2000 ole connection problem

12. CR8 + SQL2000 + Acrobat (PDF)