Sub Reports within Sub Reports
Author Message
 Sub Reports within Sub Reports

Hi all..

I am using Crystal Reports 7 and am experiencing problems getting sub
reports within sub reports.  Basically, my report is a summary of a number
of smaller reports, some of which have sub reports themselves.  When a
report is inserted into a master report, it looses its subreport.  Even if I
try to insert the sub report back into it, the option on the 'insert' menu
is inactive.  Does Crystal Reports only allow for one level of subreports?
That doesn't sound very useful.  Thanks in advanced..

Allan

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Sub Reports within Sub Reports
Quote:

> Hi all..

> I am using Crystal Reports 7 and am experiencing problems getting sub
> reports within sub reports.  Basically, my report is a summary of a number
> of smaller reports, some of which have sub reports themselves.  When a
> report is inserted into a master report, it looses its subreport.  Even if I
> try to insert the sub report back into it, the option on the 'insert' menu
> is inactive.  Does Crystal Reports only allow for one level of subreports?
> That doesn't sound very useful.  Thanks in advanced..

> Allan

Allan,
I can't speak for version 7.0, but 6.0 does not allow subreports to have
subreports of their own. Hope this saves you some trial and error time.

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Sub Reports within Sub Reports
Yes. CR doesn't allow a subreport to have its own subreport...
Quote:

> Hi all..

> I am using Crystal Reports 7 and am experiencing problems getting sub
> reports within sub reports.  Basically, my report is a summary of a number
> of smaller reports, some of which have sub reports themselves.  When a
> report is inserted into a master report, it looses its subreport.  Even if I
> try to insert the sub report back into it, the option on the 'insert' menu
> is inactive.  Does Crystal Reports only allow for one level of subreports?
> That doesn't sound very useful.  Thanks in advanced..

> Allan

Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Sub Reports within Sub Reports
Version 7 doesn't add nested subreports either. Thiw would be a "nice to
have" but I just don't think the multi-pass nature of Crystal knows how
to handle this yet.

Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Sub Report with a Sub Report?

2. Sub Report in a Sub Report

3. REports and sub-reports in Crystal Reports

4. Crystal Reports/SQL 2000 - Reporting from a Stored Procedure with multiple selects (for a sub-report)

5. Crystal Reports/SQL 2000 - Reporting from a Stored Procedure with multiple selects (for a sub-report)

6. Sub Reports within vb6 and Crystal 8.5

7. Updating a Page Footer from within a Sub-Report

8. Returning sub or function name within a specific sub or function

9. Crystal Reports - Main/Sub Reports

10. Data Report Designer - Sub Reports

11. Crystal Reports, sub-report question

12. Q: Pass a SQL query from VB to crystal report sub-report