help with ocx and crystal reports
Author Message
 help with ocx and crystal reports

I don't know how to insert an interactive program or control into crystal
report.
Well, when I insert the OLE ,an icon appear and I don't want that. I want
the graph to appear itself.
The graph is not an image but it was generated by a control or executable
file( I don't know whether or not it matters in this situation). When I
insert the OLE, I want the graph to appear instead of an icon which the user
can double click to see the graph.
Thanks,

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 help with ocx and crystal reports

Hi,

If you are using an OLE object such as a Bitmap or Word document the this should
work fine.  If you are trying to insert an OCX control the Crystal will not work
with it.  Crystal was not meant to interact with third party controls inside the
Report Designer.

If you are using an OLE object, what happens if you place link the OLE objet
inside something like Word or another program.  Does the OLE object link
correctly?  The other thing to check is to make sure you are linking the object
into the report and not just inserting it.  When you select the OLE object,
there is a check box to Link Object.  Make sure that is checked.  Otherwise
Crystal will insert the object statically and it will never be dynamic.

--
Sincerely,
Brian Dong

To reply, remove nospam from the address.

Quote:

> I don't know how to insert an interactive program or control into crystal
> report.
> Well, when I insert the OLE ,an icon appear and I don't want that. I want
> the graph to appear itself.
> The graph is not an image but it was generated by a control or executable
> file( I don't know whether or not it matters in this situation). When I
> insert the OLE, I want the graph to appear instead of an icon which the user
> can double click to see the graph.
> Thanks,

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP: Crystal Report OCX kills parent

2. HELP:- Can't register crystal16.ocx Windows 3.11 Crystal Reports 5 Visual Basic 4

3. HELP: Crystal Report OCX kills parent

4. Help: Setup doesn't register Crystal Reports OCX

5. Help: VB4 and Crystal Report OCX

6. Crystal Reports OCX Help

7. Crystal 9 and the Crystal report viewer OCX.

8. Crystal Reports OCX - Does Not Refresh Report

9. Faxing reports from Crystal Reports OCX

10. Crystal Report Help Please or Tell me where to get Crystal Help

11. Printing Crystal Reports without Crystal Control ActiveX or Crystal Reports API call

12. Good Reporting Tool for VB to SQL (Currently Use Crystal) or Crystal w/SQL Help Appreciated