Sort on Running Sum
Author Message
 Sort on Running Sum

I have a report where I have running sums in the group footers.  I am
storing sales information at the customer level with information
month, year, sales, and cost as columns in that data record.  In my
report I want to show year to date sales, last year to date sales, and
the variance between both.  Everything looks great, but now our
company wants to show the 20 worst performing accounts in each region.
Is there a way that I can sort on the variance or delta of those
fields ascending manner?  I cannot figure this out.  Any help would be
appreciated.  Thanks.

Sun, 11 Dec 2005 06:10:52 GMT
 Sort on Running Sum
I've not used it myself, but there is a "TopN" sort in the "Group Sort
Expert..." that allows you to limit your records to a specified number at
the top or bottom.

Bob Holmes

Quote:
> I have a report where I have running sums in the group footers.  I am
> storing sales information at the customer level with information
> month, year, sales, and cost as columns in that data record.  In my
> report I want to show year to date sales, last year to date sales, and
> the variance between both.  Everything looks great, but now our
> company wants to show the 20 worst performing accounts in each region.
> Is there a way that I can sort on the variance or delta of those
> fields ascending manner?  I cannot figure this out.  Any help would be
> appreciated.  Thanks.

Tue, 13 Dec 2005 02:20:20 GMT

1. Displaying Records - Sorts, Sums, Etc

2. sorting listbox with sorted property on run time

3. How to do a Running Sum with Only Negatives

4. Running sums on a FORM??

5. Running sum

6. Running sum question again

7. Running Sums in Forms

8. How to Count with Running Sum

9. Running Sums with queries

10. AM I missing something - Sum and Cumulative Sum

11. Running Sum

12. Creating a running sum query