Anyone use Visual Basic + Crystal Reports + Wasp Barcode in an application? Please help!
Author Message
 Anyone use Visual Basic + Crystal Reports + Wasp Barcode in an application? Please help!

My application is written in VB 6, with a SCR report designed with the
report designer component (SCR version 7.0). The report has fields that
display data with Wasp Barcode font code 128 (w128h.ttf = 'WASP 128 H').

I am using their ActiveX DLL to encode my data (for start and stop
characters, shifting, font subset, etc) and then passing the barcode text to
the report. The barcodes are being generated but I am told that the widths
of the bars are not adhering to the standard whereby the widths of all of
the bars are a wholenumber multiple of the narrowest bar. As a result the
quality of the scan is very poor.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem? Solution? Suggestions?

Thanks!

Shaun Landau

Tue, 11 Nov 2003 04:35:17 GMT
 Anyone use Visual Basic + Crystal Reports + Wasp Barcode in an application? Please help!
The Wasp bar code tools use bar code fonts to generate the bar codes
and fonts produce different results depending ont he printer that you
use. They also produce extremely poor quality bar codes in general.
The best bar code tool on the market is the TAL Bar Code ActiveX
control (http://www.taltech.com) You can download a demo version from
the TalTech site.
Unfortunately Crystal Reports does not support ActiveX controls in
reports so it may not work for your applicaiton. If you print your
report using ActiveReports from Data Dynamics (www.datadynamics.com)
or if you print directly from VB, the TAL Bar Code ActiveX control
will make the job trivially easy and it  will print perfect bar codes
every time.

On Thu, 24 May 2001 20:35:17 GMT, "Shaun Landau"

Quote:

>My application is written in VB 6, with a SCR report designed with the
>report designer component (SCR version 7.0). The report has fields that
>display data with Wasp Barcode font code 128 (w128h.ttf = 'WASP 128 H').

>I am using their ActiveX DLL to encode my data (for start and stop
>characters, shifting, font subset, etc) and then passing the barcode text to
>the report. The barcodes are being generated but I am told that the widths
>of the bars are not adhering to the standard whereby the widths of all of
>the bars are a wholenumber multiple of the narrowest bar. As a result the
>quality of the scan is very poor.

>Has anyone ever encountered this problem? Solution? Suggestions?

>Thanks!

>Shaun Landau

Sat, 29 Nov 2003 01:21:50 GMT

1. Barcodes, Export to PDF, Crystal Reports .NET, WASP

2. Using visual basic controls outside a Visual Basic application

3. Using Crystal Reports with Visual Basic (6)

4. Email Using Crystal Report Control For Visual Basic 6

5. Problem using Crystal Report 8.5 to export PDF in Visual Basic 6.0

6. How to generate barcode EAN13 using Crystal Reports

7. Problem with report in Visual Basic and Crystal Reports

8. Problem with report in Visual Basic and Crystal Reports(2)

9. Problem with report in Visual Basic and Crystal Reports(2)

10. Problem with report in Visual Basic and Crystal Reports(2)

11. Creating RCAPI calls from Crystal Reports and viewing the report using a web application in .net

12. Writing Reports using Data Reports in Visual Basic 6