Please Help... CR with SQL Server
Author Message
 Please Help... CR with SQL Server

Hi,

I'm trying to connect a CR8 Report to my SQL Server threw the SQL Driver
(not ODBC) but I can't make 3rd level joins and I receive an error message
telling me to consult SQL information. If I use ODBC Driver, I manage to do
it. The problem is that I don't know how to access my Report from VB with
ODBC, without needing to configure a ODBC Connection on each client machine.

Any ideas

Thanks
Carlos Cruz

Sat, 20 Mar 2004 02:35:36 GMT
 Please Help... CR with SQL Server
Carlos-

I too have noticed this behavior.  I was trying to do a cascading outer join with the SQL Server native drivers.  I had to switch to the ODBC drivers.

You can create a DSN-less, ODBC connection.  See: http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Conn.htm

Craig

Hi,

I'm trying to connect a CR8 Report to my SQL Server threw the SQL Driver
(not ODBC) but I can't make 3rd level joins and I receive an error message
telling me to consult SQL information. If I use ODBC Driver, I manage to do
it. The problem is that I don't know how to access my Report from VB with
ODBC, without needing to configure a ODBC Connection on each client machine.

Any ideas

Thanks
Carlos Cruz

Crystal Decisions USENET forums at http://www.cogniza.com/support/forums

Sat, 20 Mar 2004 04:06:54 GMT
 Please Help... CR with SQL Server
Ol Carlos,

Did you tried to connect with OLEDB instead of SQL Server Driver?
( assim que tenho os meus reports).

Good luck,

Vitor Montalvao

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm trying to connect a CR8 Report to my SQL Server threw the SQL Driver
> (not ODBC) but I can't make 3rd level joins and I receive an error message
> telling me to consult SQL information. If I use ODBC Driver, I manage to
do
> it. The problem is that I don't know how to access my Report from VB with
> ODBC, without needing to configure a ODBC Connection on each client
machine.

> Any ideas

> Thanks
> Carlos Cruz

Sat, 20 Mar 2004 17:57:27 GMT

1. Uergent: HeLp Accesing SQL server using CR between DOMAINS

2. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

3. Problem seeking for records with ADO and SQL Server, Please Help

4. Datetime field in SQL Server....Help please.

5. Problems reading Image from SQL Server 2000 database - Please Help

6. ODBC/SQL Server Connection Problems!! Please Help

7. Problem seeking for records with ADO and SQL Server, Please Help

8. Please help: Umlauts get changed using VB6 with SQL Server 7

9. INTERNATINAL SETTINGS PROBLEM WITH SQL SERVER 6.5 ......PLEASE HELP

10. SQL Server Error 4002 Please Help

11. Problems reading Image from SQL Server 2000 database - Please Help

12. SQL Server ADO Command Parameters Problem - Please Help