To those who like a challenge - W2k, SQLbase or CR V 7.0 problem
Author Message
 To those who like a challenge - W2k, SQLbase or CR V 7.0 problem

Hi to those who like a challenge.

Please excuse the lack of information but I can not access the newsgroups
from Work and my wife is not happy with all the extra sh1t I am bringing
home.

On our old NT4.0 server( 2 cpu 266mhz, 256mem), the SQLbase 6..1.2 PTF11 and
CR V7.0 works well, however on our new system we are having problems.

NEW SYSTEM:  W2K Server SP1 (3 cpu 450mhz, 1gig mem) , running SQLbase
6..1.2 PTF11 and Crystal Reports V 7.0.

The sequence of events is as follows;

On first connect via IE all appears to be working
1: Connect to Reports WEB page where the link points to a CR script
2: Enter the required prompts (Work order number) and the Report is
generated
3: Select the back button
4: Reports Web page is OK
5: Select the same report and no PROMPTS .... CACHE problem ???
6: Select the Refresh button in the report page and the prompts appear
7: Back to the Reports Web page and select the link... no prompts just the
cached report

a: Close IE and reconnect to the Report Web page
b: Select the same report to run and enter the required  Prompts
c: Connection to database failed etc etc etc

By trial and error, we found the CR services were STILL RUNNING but if we
STOPPED and STARTED them, we were back in the same 1-7 loop.

It goes further....

If we try a different report link, we end up in the same 1-7 loop, BUT
should we  then go back to the first selection we also get a |"Connection to
database fail" error and a restart of the services are again required.....

Do we have at best 2 problems ??  :-)))

1: Could this be a SQLbase (version) and Win200 problem  ( the right answer,
I win  points, I also get clobbered)
2: ODBC or Cache settings (stab in the dark)

If you have any suggestions please post to the news group or to  mark .

All reasonable suggestions or requests for more data will be taken on board

Thanks

Sat, 10 Jan 2004 16:23:59 GMT
 To those who like a challenge - W2k, SQLbase or CR V 7.0 problem

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 To those who like a challenge - W2k, SQLbase or CR V 7.0 problem
Hi

( without the spaces)
, it was finger fault....a carbon based error.

Quote:
> Hi to those who like a challenge.

> Please excuse the lack of information but I can not access the newsgroups
> from Work and my wife is not happy with all the extra sh1t I am bringing
> home.

> On our old NT4.0 server( 2 cpu 266mhz, 256mem), the SQLbase 6..1.2 PTF11
and
> CR V7.0 works well, however on our new system we are having problems.

> NEW SYSTEM:  W2K Server SP1 (3 cpu 450mhz, 1gig mem) , running SQLbase
> 6..1.2 PTF11 and Crystal reports V 7.0.

> The sequence of events is as follows;

> On first connect via IE all appears to be working
> 1: Connect to Reports WEB page where the link points to a CR script
> 2: Enter the required prompts (Work order number) and the Report is
> generated
> 3: Select the back button
> 4: Reports Web page is OK
> 5: Select the same report and no PROMPTS .... CACHE problem ???
> 6: Select the Refresh button in the report page and the prompts appear
> 7: Back to the Reports Web page and select the link... no prompts just the
> cached report

> a: Close IE and reconnect to the Report Web page
> b: Select the same report to run and enter the required  Prompts
> c: Connection to database failed etc etc etc

> By trial and error, we found the CR services were STILL RUNNING but if we
> STOPPED and STARTED them, we were back in the same 1-7 loop.

> It goes further....

> If we try a different report link, we end up in the same 1-7 loop, BUT
> should we  then go back to the first selection we also get a |"Connection
> database fail" error and a restart of the services are again required.....

> Do we have at best 2 problems ??  :-)))

> 1: Could this be a SQLbase (version) and Win200 problem  ( the right
answer,
> I win  points, I also get clobbered)
> 2: ODBC or Cache settings (stab in the dark)

> If you have any suggestions please post to the news group or to  mark .

> All reasonable suggestions or requests for more data will be taken on
board

> Thanks

Sat, 10 Jan 2004 17:16:30 GMT
 To those who like a challenge - W2k, SQLbase or CR V 7.0 problem
cr 7 is not supported w/ win2k as cr 7 was released years before win2k.
the official statement can be found at:
http://support.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2006170.asp

sorry, looks like you get clobbered.
:)

Quote:
> Hi

com
> ( without the spaces)
> , it was finger fault....a carbon based error.

> > Hi to those who like a challenge.

> > Please excuse the lack of information but I can not access the
newsgroups
> > from Work and my wife is not happy with all the extra sh1t I am bringing
> > home.

> > On our old NT4.0 server( 2 cpu 266mhz, 256mem), the SQLbase 6..1.2 PTF11
> and
> > CR V7.0 works well, however on our new system we are having problems.

> > NEW SYSTEM:  W2K Server SP1 (3 cpu 450mhz, 1gig mem) , running SQLbase
> > 6..1.2 PTF11 and Crystal reports V 7.0.

> > The sequence of events is as follows;

> > On first connect via IE all appears to be working
> > 1: Connect to Reports WEB page where the link points to a CR script
> > 2: Enter the required prompts (Work order number) and the Report is
> > generated
> > 3: Select the back button
> > 4: Reports Web page is OK
> > 5: Select the same report and no PROMPTS .... CACHE problem ???
> > 6: Select the Refresh button in the report page and the prompts appear
> > 7: Back to the Reports Web page and select the link... no prompts just
the
> > cached report

> > a: Close IE and reconnect to the Report Web page
> > b: Select the same report to run and enter the required  Prompts
> > c: Connection to database failed etc etc etc

> > By trial and error, we found the CR services were STILL RUNNING but if
we
> > STOPPED and STARTED them, we were back in the same 1-7 loop.

> > It goes further....

> > If we try a different report link, we end up in the same 1-7 loop, BUT
> > should we  then go back to the first selection we also get a
|"Connection
> > database fail" error and a restart of the services are again
required.....

> > Do we have at best 2 problems ??  :-)))

> > 1: Could this be a SQLbase (version) and Win200 problem  ( the right
> answer,
> > I win  points, I also get clobbered)
> > 2: ODBC or Cache settings (stab in the dark)

> > If you have any suggestions please post to the news group or to  mark .

> > All reasonable suggestions or requests for more data will be taken on
> board

> > Thanks

Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:39:26 GMT
 To those who like a challenge - W2k, SQLbase or CR V 7.0 problem
My fingers are still crossed ....  :-]

Tried 3 other reports, same problem. Inspected the sub reports for any
strange links, tables or databases etc found some little strings but no fix.

Ran a simple report OK, ran a more complex report with sub reports OK.....
umumummmmmm

Older reports had been run on a system where CR was installed at Ver 5.0 and
had been through a number of upgrades..... There is a hint here.....

The new system was a clean install ....... As CR is fully backward

time totaly writing a new report.....

IT WORKS.... and it works on the old reporting server as well.

The old reports must have had something lurking somewhere ????

I am still clobbered, as we tried to run a copy of  CR version 8.0 and it
then messed up the nice clean report, and we had all sorts of other starnge
issues. So an Uninstall, scan and clean the registry and a reinstall of CR
7.0.

Clobbered, you say............. Well we have a large number of reports that
are quite detailed and they will all have to be rewritten :-((     A great
export utility that would allow a novice to recreate them all would be nice

M{*filter*}of the story ..... Management of Version control  can pay off  and  is
required for even the EXPENSIVE applications.....

Mark

Quote:

.

> > > All reasonable suggestions or requests for more data will be taken on
> > board

> > > Thanks

Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:45:21 GMT

1. Problems with CR and SQLBase

2. Problem with Cr 8.5 PESelectPrinter on W2k

3. VB 6.0 : CR 7.0 - [Cancel] CR

4. CR 6.0 and CR 7.0

5. CR 6.0 Report upgraded to CR 7.0 report has formatting issues

6. Upgraded CR 6.0 Report to CR 7.0 got formatting issues

7. Upgrading from CR 6.0 to CR 7.0

8. Problem about CR 7.0 (OCX control)

9. CR 7.0 form refresh problem

10. CR 7.0 TTX decimal problem

11. Prointing problem CR 7.0 VB 6.0 w/ ADO

12. Problem aceesing Access 2000 from CR 7.0(DAO)