Crystal Report 8 Weird problem
Author Message
 Crystal Report 8 Weird problem

I have a VB6 application using Crystal Reports 8 where there is a report
that runs on many machines (NT/2000/98/95) without a problem. This
application runs at many businesses.

At one business running Windows NT 4 sp5 where they upgraded the VB app from
VB5 to VB6, which included an upgrade from Crystal 4 to Crystal 8, only the
NT system administrator can run the report and the report will display
correctly. The upgrade was installed using this system administrator's login
which is what we always do on NT and 2000 workstations.

The report is grouped by a specific field (CKACCT text field) where there is
a grouping identified in this report in Crystal for that field. In the VB 6
program we also specify a groupcondition for that same field (a little
redundant) but it works on an estimated 350 out of 360 workstations.

When the report works correctly it groups by the correct field (CKACCT text
field).

When the report does not work correctly it groups by a totally different
field that is not referenced anywhere for grouping (PAYEE text field).

This field is just referenced in the detail print line.

We feel, in this instance, since the report runs correctly on a particular
machine if a particular system administrator is logged in but not if anyone
else (including a different administrator) is logged in there must be
something wrong with how

1) it was installed or

2) user security or permissions or

3) Crystal references in the registry or

4) Other ??

Can anyone provide us some guidance as to what could be causing this
problem?

Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:10:45 GMT
 Crystal Report 8 Weird problem
I figured out the problem. Apparently this one report requires a Windows
registry settings for Crystal to identify Access file extensions since we do
not use the standard MDB file extension. I used to have to do this for
Crystal 4 and did not think I had to anymore with Crystal 8. But, I will
have to research this one report further because it is still requiring the
Windows registry entries for Access Exensions.

Quote:
> I have a VB6 application using Crystal Reports 8 where there is a report
> that runs on many machines (NT/2000/98/95) without a problem. This
> application runs at many businesses.

> At one business running Windows NT 4 sp5 where they upgraded the VB app
from
> VB5 to VB6, which included an upgrade from Crystal 4 to Crystal 8, only
the
> NT system administrator can run the report and the report will display
> correctly. The upgrade was installed using this system administrator's
login
> which is what we always do on NT and 2000 workstations.

> The report is grouped by a specific field (CKACCT text field) where there
is
> a grouping identified in this report in Crystal for that field. In the VB
6
> program we also specify a groupcondition for that same field (a little
> redundant) but it works on an estimated 350 out of 360 workstations.

> When the report works correctly it groups by the correct field (CKACCT
text
> field).

> When the report does not work correctly it groups by a totally different
> field that is not referenced anywhere for grouping (PAYEE text field).

> This field is just referenced in the detail print line.

> We feel, in this instance, since the report runs correctly on a particular
> machine if a particular system administrator is logged in but not if
anyone
> else (including a different administrator) is logged in there must be
> something wrong with how

> 1) it was installed or

> 2) user security or permissions or

> 3) Crystal references in the registry or

> 4) Other ??

> Can anyone provide us some guidance as to what could be causing this
> problem?

Wed, 28 Apr 2004 04:36:06 GMT

1. Weird Crystal Report problems

2. Crystal Reports 7 weird designer bug

3. Please Help: Crystal Rep.:weird problem !

4. Weird Problem with Crystal...please help...

5. Printing Crystal Reports without Crystal Control ActiveX or Crystal Reports API call

6. Crystal Reports ANd VB 6.0 Printing reports using CRPEAUTO Object, specifying paper orientation problem

7. Crystal Report -- Web Report Problem

8. Crystal Report Problem in reporting!!

9. Crystal Report -- Web Report Problem

10. Crystal Report Problem in reporting!!

11. Problems designing report in crystal reports

12. Crystal Reports Open Report Problem