Associating Number/Text Fields
Author Message
 Associating Number/Text Fields

I have a database with two tables.  The first table has all employee names
and employee numbers.  The second table has data that contains a "supervisor
number" field to show who authorized a transaction and "employee number"
field to show which employee performed the transaction, but no name field.
The second table is linked to the first by the employee number.  We are
producing a daily report sorted by supervisor number that lists date,
employee name, number, and transactions, all authorized by that supervisor.
The employee name and number fields show data correctly in the details
section of the report, the supervisor number shows correctly in the group
header section, and it sorts correctly by supervisor, but I cannot link the
supervisor number back to the first table with employee names to show the
supervisor's name on the report (not just a supervisor number).  When I add
the employee name field into the group header section to show a supervisor
name I get the first employee's name on the list from the details section.
There should be a way to bind the supervisor number back to the employee
name in the employee name/number table.

Sun, 28 Dec 2003 01:14:56 GMT
 Associating Number/Text Fields
Hi Vicki,
    One possible method is to use a subreport that has the table containing
the names.  Link your subreport to the main report by the employee number.

Bob Holmes

Quote:
> I have a database with two tables.  The first table has all employee names
> and employee numbers.  The second table has data that contains a
"supervisor
> number" field to show who authorized a transaction and "employee number"
> field to show which employee performed the transaction, but no name field.
> The second table is linked to the first by the employee number.  We are
> producing a daily report sorted by supervisor number that lists date,
> employee name, number, and transactions, all authorized by that
supervisor.
> The employee name and number fields show data correctly in the details
> section of the report, the supervisor number shows correctly in the group
> header section, and it sorts correctly by supervisor, but I cannot link
the
> supervisor number back to the first table with employee names to show the
> supervisor's name on the report (not just a supervisor number).  When I
add
> the employee name field into the group header section to show a supervisor
> name I get the first employee's name on the list from the details section.
> There should be a way to bind the supervisor number back to the employee
> name in the employee name/number table.

Sun, 28 Dec 2003 01:27:22 GMT

1. Convert number field to text field.

2. Concatenating a Text Field and a Number Field

3. Exporting a 3 decimal number to text file produces trunc 2 decimal text number

4. Reading a field and using that field to place a number in another field

5. Filter A Report From a Pop-Up Box for Text, Numbers, and Yes/No Field Types

6. Sorting Numbers in Text Field

7. Sorting Numbers in Text Field

8. Extracting a number from within a text field

9. When you create a field each field has a id number (field number) (how can you edit this number)

10. Chapter Number/Title Associated with Search Question

11. Auto Number in a Number Field

12. Adding Total Number of slides to the page number field in the footer