Invalid TLV Record - Crystal 7 (Delphi 4) 
Author Message
 Invalid TLV Record - Crystal 7 (Delphi 4)

Hello there,

I'm getting a  Crystal error whilst trying to run a delphi 4 app on one
particular machine.

This error happens on just the one machine, on a network where everyone else
can open the report fine. Both the report, and the app are in use on many
pcs at several clients.  The installations are all created from
InstallShield disks which are have worked fine on every other machine.

I kept on getting error CR PrintEngine Error - 525 (PE_ERR_BADREPORTFILE) on
this one machine (like I said the report was actually installed on the
network, and was giving no other users the problem). I brought the report
back here to the development environment, and it was fine. In a desperate
attempt to resolve this, I installed CR7 Pro on the machine which wasn't
working. When I try to load up the report I get the Invalid TLV Record
Message.

I've gone through the Crystal KnowledgeBase, and found it at least as useful
as normal.

Does anyone have any ideas ??

Many thanks,



Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Invalid TLV Record - Crystal 7 (Delphi 4)
I've been chasing a similar problem, 'Invalid TLV record' when
I call OpenReport.  It's mentioned in the Crystal Knowledge base
and they pass the blame back to Microsoft, take a look at
Microsoft tech support page ref Q199929.  Seems that it's caused
by being on Windows 98 or NT SP4.  Microsoft status is,
'This behaviour is by design'.
I can't see how Crystal can say it's not their problem but anyway!.
Apparently there is no way to resolve this problem.



Quote:
> Hello there,

> I'm getting a  Crystal error whilst trying to run a Delphi 4 app on one
> particular machine.

> This error happens on just the one machine, on a network where everyone else
> can open the report fine. Both the report, and the app are in use on many
> pcs at several clients.  The installations are all created from
> InstallShield disks which are have worked fine on every other machine.

> I kept on getting error CR PrintEngine Error - 525 (PE_ERR_BADREPORTFILE) on
> this one machine (like I said the report was actually installed on the
> network, and was giving no other users the problem). I brought the report
> back here to the development environment, and it was fine. In a desperate
> attempt to resolve this, I installed CR7 Pro on the machine which wasn't
> working. When I try to load up the report I get the Invalid TLV Record
> Message.

> I've gone through the Crystal KnowledgeBase, and found it at least as useful
> as normal.

> Does anyone have any ideas ??

> Many thanks,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't.


Fri, 23 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Invalid TLV Record - Crystal 7 (Delphi 4)
Steve,

All very encouraging !  I couldn't find the support page. Have you got a
URL?

Thanks


Quote:
> I've been chasing a similar problem, 'Invalid TLV record' when
> I call OpenReport.  It's mentioned in the Crystal Knowledge base
> and they pass the blame back to Microsoft, take a look at
> Microsoft tech support page ref Q199929.  Seems that it's caused
> by being on Windows 98 or NT SP4.  Microsoft status is,
> 'This behaviour is by design'.
> I can't see how Crystal can say it's not their problem but anyway!.
> Apparently there is no way to resolve this problem.



> > Hello there,

> > I'm getting a  Crystal error whilst trying to run a Delphi 4 app on one
> > particular machine.

> > This error happens on just the one machine, on a network where everyone
else
> > can open the report fine. Both the report, and the app are in use on
many
> > pcs at several clients.  The installations are all created from
> > InstallShield disks which are have worked fine on every other machine.

> > I kept on getting error CR PrintEngine Error - 525

(PE_ERR_BADREPORTFILE) on

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
> > this one machine (like I said the report was actually installed on the
> > network, and was giving no other users the problem). I brought the
report
> > back here to the development environment, and it was fine. In a
desperate
> > attempt to resolve this, I installed CR7 Pro on the machine which wasn't
> > working. When I try to load up the report I get the Invalid TLV Record
> > Message.

> > I've gone through the Crystal KnowledgeBase, and found it at least as
useful
> > as normal.

> > Does anyone have any ideas ??

> > Many thanks,

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Share what you know. Learn what you don't.



Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Invalid TLV Record - Crystal 7 (Delphi 4)
Jason,

Take a look at http://www.seagatesoftware.com/kbase/
and use the search tool for TLV for seagates view of the problem,
then look at http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q199/9/29.as
for microsoft's view.
Both decided unhelpful.
Let me know if you figure out how to get around it.

Steve.



Quote:
> Steve,

> All very encouraging !  I couldn't find the support page. Have you got a
> URL?

> Thanks



> > I've been chasing a similar problem, 'Invalid TLV record' when
> > I call OpenReport.  It's mentioned in the Crystal Knowledge base
> > and they pass the blame back to Microsoft, take a look at
> > Microsoft tech support page ref Q199929.  Seems that it's caused
> > by being on Windows 98 or NT SP4.  Microsoft status is,
> > 'This behaviour is by design'.
> > I can't see how Crystal can say it's not their problem but anyway!.
> > Apparently there is no way to resolve this problem.



> > > Hello there,

> > > I'm getting a  Crystal error whilst trying to run a Delphi 4 app on one
> > > particular machine.

> > > This error happens on just the one machine, on a network where everyone
> else
> > > can open the report fine. Both the report, and the app are in use on
> many
> > > pcs at several clients.  The installations are all created from
> > > InstallShield disks which are have worked fine on every other machine.

> > > I kept on getting error CR PrintEngine Error - 525
> (PE_ERR_BADREPORTFILE) on
> > > this one machine (like I said the report was actually installed on the
> > > network, and was giving no other users the problem). I brought the
> report
> > > back here to the development environment, and it was fine. In a
> desperate
> > > attempt to resolve this, I installed CR7 Pro on the machine which wasn't
> > > working. When I try to load up the report I get the Invalid TLV Record
> > > Message.

> > > I've gone through the Crystal KnowledgeBase, and found it at least as
> useful
> > > as normal.

> > > Does anyone have any ideas ??

> > > Many thanks,

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't.


Sun, 25 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Invalid TLV Record

2. Invalid TLV Record

3. Invalid TLV record

4. -2147206429 (80043ae3) Invalid TLV Record

5. Error: Invalid TLV record

6. Invalid TLV Record in CRViewer

7. Invalid TLV record error

8. CRAXDRT.DLL and Invalid TLV Record

9. SCR8 - Graphs - "Invalid TLV Record"

10. Invalid TLV Record in Report Designer Component?

11. Invalid TLV Record

12. Invalid TLV record error

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software