Server Not yet Opened Problem
Author Message
 Server Not yet Opened Problem

I am using CR8 with VB6. I am using the RDC, not the Crystal OCX.  I
have reports that point to server A, the development server.  In
production, server B, I don't want to go in and change the server in
all the reports.  I use the LogOnServer method to specify the server.
I also use the SetLoginInfo (I don't know if this is necessary or
not).

crRpt.Database.LogOnServer "pdssql.dll", gServer, gDatabase, gUserID,
gPassword
For Each tbl In crRpt.Database.Tables
    tbl.SetLogOnInfo gServer, gDatabase, gUserID, gPassword
Next

If I run app and call up the report using server A (which the report
points to), no problem. When I run the app on Server B, I get the
"Server Not yet opened" error.  Any ideas?

Wed, 05 May 2004 10:14:00 GMT
 Server Not yet Opened Problem
Hello,

I have the same problem with Informix.
1. Try it, when you comment out LogOnServer (its may only a connection,
SetLogOnInfo change the connection)
if it doesent work
2. disconnect your own connection to the SQL-Server (maybe closeDatabase)

Crystal has with Informix Server the problem, that can be only one
connection.

I Hope I can help you
Janet

Fri, 07 May 2004 17:11:45 GMT
 Server Not yet Opened Problem
MC

I posted this earlier...it mught provide a better alternative.

Steve

Dave

Have you thought about using ADO. You can pass an ADO recordset directly to
Crystal without crystal having to know about database servers, connection
strings, etc. We use the CRAXDRT.DLL and pass the recordset using the
following statement (summarised):
    Dim MyApp as New CRAXDRT.Application
    Dim MyReport as CRAXDRT.Report
    Dim rst as ADODB.Recordset

    Set MyReport = MyApp.OpenReport(strReportFullFileName,
crOpenReportByTempCopy)
    Set rst = <create recordset here>
    MyReport.Database.SetDataSource rst, 3, 1
    MyReport.PrintOut False, 1

HTH
Steve

Quote:
> My VB 6 app is based on UDL files(Microsoft Universal
> Datalink). The app runs great. I have created some reports
> in Crystal 7. I need to run these reports from my vb app
> without the use of a DSN.

> All the documentation I found was useless, and seemed to
> say upgrade.

> OK, I upgraded to crystal 8.5 and recreated my reports.
> Now what...

> I cant find any samples that tell me how to run reports.
> That POS Crystal Viewer tool is not an option. I just want
> to call my rpt files without a DSN.

> Any help would be great.

> I am using CR8 with VB6. I am using the RDC, not the Crystal OCX.  I
> have reports that point to server A, the development server.  In
> production, server B, I don't want to go in and change the server in
> all the reports.  I use the LogOnServer method to specify the server.
> I also use the SetLoginInfo (I don't know if this is necessary or
> not).

> crRpt.Database.LogOnServer "pdssql.dll", gServer, gDatabase, gUserID,
> gPassword
> For Each tbl In crRpt.Database.Tables
>     tbl.SetLogOnInfo gServer, gDatabase, gUserID, gPassword
> Next

> If I run app and call up the report using server A (which the report
> points to), no problem. When I run the app on Server B, I get the
> "Server Not yet opened" error.  Any ideas?

Fri, 14 May 2004 13:38:08 GMT

1. Connection not Open + Server has not yet been opened error messages

2. Crystal Version Problems - Server has not yet been opened

3. ANOTHER 'Server not yet open' Problem

4. Server has not yet been opened message with VB6, CRP7 and SQL-server

5. Server has not yet been opened - Very Urgent

6. "the server is not yet opened"

7. server has not yet been opened ( STILL )

8. Server has not yet been opened

9. Server has not yet been opened (Urgent)

10. server has not yet been opened.

11. Help! Server has not yet been opened

12. Server has not yet been opened