OnNoData in report
Author Message
 OnNoData in report

Hi Group,
My background is Access.  In Access, you can use a onNoData event to
surppress the printing of a report.  You would put text in the onNoData
event such as a message\box which says "There are no records for your
selection criteria".  Using this event, the report will not open as a blank
template but this message box will pop up which I think is much nicer.

Is there a way in Crystal whereby you could suppress the opening of a report
if no data is returned?

Thank you

J.Smith MCSD

Sat, 01 May 2004 04:09:08 GMT
 OnNoData in report
In File | Report options:
Suppress Printing If No Records
- Select this option to suppress the printing of a report if that report
does not contain any records.

HeJo

Quote:
> Hi Group,
> My background is Access.  In Access, you can use a onNoData event to
> surppress the printing of a report.  You would put text in the onNoData
> event such as a message\box which says "There are no records for your
> selection criteria".  Using this event, the report will not open as a
blank
> template but this message box will pop up which I think is much nicer.

> Is there a way in Crystal whereby you could suppress the opening of a
report
> if no data is returned?

> Thank you

> J.Smith MCSD

Sat, 01 May 2004 20:39:54 GMT

1. How to close report when OnNoData

2. Reports, reports, reports, reports.....REPORTS!

3. REports and sub-reports in Crystal Reports

4. printing without crystal report or data report for non data base reports

5. Crystal Reports/SQL 2000 - Reporting from a Stored Procedure with multiple selects (for a sub-report)

6. Reports, Reports, Reports

7. Crystal Reports/SQL 2000 - Reporting from a Stored Procedure with multiple selects (for a sub-report)

8. COMPLEX REPORT IN ACCES ( HTML REPORTS)

9. Report width limit and combining reports.

10. Infinite Report - Create Access reports of unlimited complexity

11. Access report to Outlook/ Open Outlook and mail report

12. Reporting sum in a report