How can I change a report's data source (different table) at run time for Crystal Report for .NET?
Author Message
 How can I change a report's data source (different table) at run time for Crystal Report for .NET?

Hi,

I have a report that needs to get data from different tables (same table
scheme, different data).

I would like to set report's data source table at run time, anyone knows how
I could do that? I had try to change table.Location property, but Crystal
report won't let me.

If anyone knows how to change a report's SQL Query at run time, that could
also solve my problem.

Thanks

John Yung

Wed, 29 Sep 2004 03:55:19 GMT
 How can I change a report's data source (different table) at run time for Crystal Report for .NET?
What is the data source?  If it's Oracle it's very easy to do.  If you're using
an ODBC connection you can probably do it by running a front end to change the
definition of the ODBC connection.
Quote:
>Subject: How can I change a report's data source (different table) at run
>time for Crystal Report for .NET?

>Date: 4/12/02 2:55 PM Central Daylight Time

>Hi,

>I have a report that needs to get data from different tables (same table
>scheme, different data).

>I would like to set report's data source table at run time, anyone knows how
>I could do that? I had try to change table.Location property, but Crystal
>report won't let me.

>If anyone knows how to change a report's SQL Query at run time, that could
>also solve my problem.

>Thanks

>John Yung

Wed, 29 Sep 2004 02:09:11 GMT
 How can I change a report's data source (different table) at run time for Crystal Report for .NET?
I am using SQL Server 2000. I want to connect to the same database, but
different table.

Thanks

John Yung

Quote:
> What is the data source?  If it's Oracle it's very easy to do.  If you're
using
> an ODBC connection you can probably do it by running a front end to change
the
> definition of the ODBC connection.

> >Subject: How can I change a report's data source (different table) at run
> >time for Crystal Report for .NET?

> >Date: 4/12/02 2:55 PM Central Daylight Time

> >Hi,

> >I have a report that needs to get data from different tables (same table
> >scheme, different data).

> >I would like to set report's data source table at run time, anyone knows
how
> >I could do that? I had try to change table.Location property, but Crystal
> >report won't let me.

> >If anyone knows how to change a report's SQL Query at run time, that
could
> >also solve my problem.

> >Thanks

> >John Yung

Wed, 29 Sep 2004 06:38:06 GMT

1. Report Designer Component - Changing Data Source At Run-Time

2. Run-time changes to CR report layout?

3. Data Environment / Data Report / Changing database file at run time

4. .( Changing data source at run time ).

5. Changing the data source at run-time

6. changing a data report image control's source in code

7. How to change Report's Content at Run-Time

8. 'Canned' data in VB program

9. Different decimals in reports when run from CR or VB

10. Run Time Error '430' : CR 6.0

11. Setting Data Definition file data source at run time

12. sub report changes its source stored procedure to main report's stored procedure