Crystal Reports 6, Oracle DB Login
Author Message
 Crystal Reports 6, Oracle DB Login

Hi,

We're using Visual Basic 6 and Crystal Reports 6.  When we create a
report in Crystal Reports using the wizard, we provide either an ODBC
connection or and ADO OLE DB connect string.  It connects to the
Oracle database fine, we can select tables and fields to build the
report.  However, we cannot seem to connect the report at runtime.  It
says 'Invalid username or password'.  We tried to use the Connect
method in the formload event, which is very strange.  It expects a DLL
name?  The DLL name they mention in the help files does not exist on
our system.  Can someone help with this?

Thanks

Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports 6, Oracle DB Login
Hello P Seely

I've made good experience by putting the UID and PWD in the registry (Use:
RegEdit.exe):
The Path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI
You got a list of all used DSN. Choose your DSN and maybe you'll find two
entries:
UID = "...."
PWD= "...."
Unfortunately in most cases the PWD is not set.
Put your password in this Keyword and try again. I don't need to use
any LogOnServer-Methods.

Best Regards
Marko Fuhrmann

Quote:

> Hi,

> We're using Visual Basic 6 and Crystal Reports 6.  When we create a
> report in Crystal Reports using the wizard, we provide either an ODBC
> connection or and ADO OLE DB connect string.  It connects to the
> Oracle database fine, we can select tables and fields to build the
> report.  However, we cannot seem to connect the report at runtime.  It
> says 'Invalid username or password'.  We tried to use the Connect
> method in the formload event, which is very strange.  It expects a DLL
> name?  The DLL name they mention in the help files does not exist on
> our system.  Can someone help with this?

> Thanks

Mon, 26 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports 6, Oracle DB Login
Check your ODBC on the Report Server; it should be set up exactly the same
as on the Developer Workstation.

Quote:
> Hello P Seely

> I've made good experience by putting the UID and PWD in the registry (Use:
> RegEdit.exe):
> The Path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI
> You got a list of all used DSN. Choose your DSN and maybe you'll find two
> entries:
> UID = "...."
> PWD= "...."
> Unfortunately in most cases the PWD is not set.
> Put your password in this Keyword and try again. I don't need to use
> any LogOnServer-Methods.

> Best Regards
> Marko Fuhrmann

> > Hi,

> > We're using Visual Basic 6 and Crystal Reports 6.  When we create a
> > report in Crystal Reports using the wizard, we provide either an ODBC
> > connection or and ADO OLE DB connect string.  It connects to the
> > Oracle database fine, we can select tables and fields to build the
> > report.  However, we cannot seem to connect the report at runtime.  It
> > says 'Invalid username or password'.  We tried to use the Connect
> > method in the formload event, which is very strange.  It expects a DLL
> > name?  The DLL name they mention in the help files does not exist on
> > our system.  Can someone help with this?

> > Thanks

Thu, 06 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Connecting to Oracle thru Oracle OLE DB Provider(OraOLDDB.Oracle)

2. Crystal Report based on ADO.Net dataset prompts for database login

3. Crystal Reports and VB.Net Login Error

4. crystal reports login failed

5. VB.net - Crystal Reports Login failure.

6. Login with crystal report

7. Crystal Reports wants login information!

8. Why Login Form apears when Crystal Report Load

9. login error in crystal reports v8.0 on windows 2000 professional

10. How to use NT Login via VB to SQL 7 to connect Crystal Reports

11. ASP to report contents of Oracle db

12. Printing Crystal Reports without Crystal Control ActiveX or Crystal Reports API call