Formatting Crosstab with Crystal Reports
Author Message
 Formatting Crosstab with Crystal Reports

This seems like an absurd question, but I can't find the answer!
I am making a trivial crosstab off of a database, summing purchases by
month (rows) and year (columns).  For the labels, I made quick
formulas using year() and month().  I found out how to format year as
a std. 4 digit number, and not 1,998.00 (a default setting?  that's
kind of lame, why can't you format these labels directly?).  But now
I'd like the months to be output as the month name.  I can write a
formula that matches the given month number to an element in an an
array containing the month names, but then they're sorted
alphabetically.  I can't believe there isn't a built formula to do
this!  Not that it would seem to matter, the end result of mine is
essentially the same thing such a function would output.

Anyway, can I somehow force that label to be a date type, and output
in long format?  I tried one way sort of like that, but it was no
help, the month() function returns a number, so the real date info is
lost.  I just don't get this, this should be easy...it's such a
typical report.  All the examples in the help file are reports like
type of widget versus state, none have a date on either axis, and the
formatting section ignores even the possibility that you'd want to
format those row and col labels.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Dutch

Sat, 30 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Formatting Crosstab with Crystal Reports
You need to search in Help the "Format Function" and "Named Date/Time
Formats" as well as "User-Defined Date/Time Formats".  Try these examples

Format(Date,"yyyy")
Format(Date, "mmm")

Sat, 30 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Formatting Crosstab with Crystal Reports
May I suggest ActiveReports?
You will find that it blows Crystal Reports out of the water!

Try their demo from their website, I assure you that you will not be
disappointed.

Regards,
Alex.

Sat, 30 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Formatting Crosstab with Crystal Reports
I downloaded it shortly after I posted my first message, and I agree
completely!  I just whipped up in 10 minutes what took me half a day
to get *partially* done in Crystal.  I'm getting it! : )
Thanks,
Dutch

Quote:
>May I suggest ActiveReports?
>You will find that it blows Crystal Reports out of the water!

>Try their demo from their website, I assure you that you will not be
>disappointed.

>Regards,
>Alex.

Tue, 02 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Formatting Crosstab with Crystal Reports

Quote:
>May I suggest ActiveReports?
>You will find that it blows Crystal Reports out of the water!

>Try their demo from their website, I assure you that you will not be
>disappointed.

What is the address of their website please Alex..
-----------------------------------

Mon, 08 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Formatting Crosstab with Crystal Reports

2. Formatting Crosstab with Crystal Reports

3. Crystal Report : CrossTab Report

4. No formatting options for crosstab in crystal ocx?

5. dynamic report formatting from crosstab queries??

6. CrossTab Report Formatting

7. Problem With Formatting Crosstab Reports - PLEASE HELP!

8. crosstab crystal report

9. Help on Crosstab crystal report 3.0

10. Crystal Report CrossTab

11. Crosstab reports in Crystal 6.0

12. Crystal Report 6.0 and Dimensional CrossTab