Changing the Database location at runtime for a report using OLE DB
Author Message
 Changing the Database location at runtime for a report using OLE DB

Hello,

I am trying to set the location of the database and table with the
code below.  The at\j8h8o99 is the domain and user log on to sql and
the owner of the table.  When I try the code below, only the user log
on after the \ is set to the location.  Is there any way to get the
location set to the entire string?

Report.Database.Tables.Item(1).Location = "master.at\j8h8o99.authors2"

Thanks in advance.  -John

Sun, 08 May 2005 03:55:05 GMT
 Changing the Database location at runtime for a report using OLE DB
Hi John,

| I am trying to set the location of the database and table with
| the code below.  The at\j8h8o99 is the domain and user log
| on to sql and the owner of the table.  When I try the code
| below, only the user log on after the \ is set to the location.
| Is there any way to get the location set to the entire string?
|
| Report.Database.Tables.Item(1).Location = "master.at\j8h8o99.authors2"

I don't know exactly 'cause I use Access, but, using SQL Server, don't you
have to use the SetLogOnInfo method or the LogOnDatabaseName,
LogOnServerName and LogOnUserID properties?

--
Abra?os,
Lobo.

Mon, 09 May 2005 02:15:26 GMT
 Changing the Database location at runtime for a report using OLE DB
| I don't know exactly 'cause I use Access, but, using SQL
| Server, don't you have to use the SetLogOnInfo method
| or the LogOnDatabaseName, LogOnServerName and
| LogOnUserID properties?

More resources on the subject:

Changing Database Name and Table Name at Runtime fro a SQL Server database
< http://support.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2001075.asp >
Changing database and table location using the RDC
< http://support.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2002296.asp >

--
Abra?os,
Lobo.

Mon, 09 May 2005 02:42:05 GMT

1. changing db location in ODBC for Crystal Report at runtime

2. changing db location in ODBC for Crystal Report at runtime

3. Change subreport DB location at runtime using PE

4. Changing Crystal Report database location at runtime

5. Changing a report that uses 1 database into a report using 2 databases

6. Crystal rps db location at runtime - using .INI ??????

7. Changing server and database location on runtime

8. How to change database location at runtime

9. Changing the location of the Server/Database at Runtime

10. Run Time Change of DB Location, Setting Passwords, and Rpt Location

11. Setting Crystal Report Database Location at RunTime...

12. Crystal Reports 5 and VB3 (Changing database location from VB script)