Is Crystal Reports supposed to be this SLow ?
Author Message
 Is Crystal Reports supposed to be this SLow ?

Hi,

I have written an application in VB5,  It has a Crystal Report control,
when the user presses the button,  When I set the Reportname.reportname
variable it takes about 30 seconds for crystal report to process that
statement.  That is even before I issue the reportname.active = 1.  How can
I possibly speed up Crystal Reports.

HELP rob

Sun, 28 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Is Crystal Reports supposed to be this SLow ?

Sounds like it is having a hard time locating the report file or else the
.rpt file is large.  How long does it take in the development environment
to open the .rpt file?

Mon, 05 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Is Crystal Reports supposed to be this SLow ?

CRW will perform the quickest if you process as much information as
possible, before you send it to CRW.
A 30 second report is unacceptable, so you may need to create a temp table.
 BTW, how fast does a query run from within your database?  If the query
runs slow, so will CRW.
Hope this helps.

--
Brent Lawrence

http:\\www.futuresol.com

Mon, 26 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. i am using vb.net and crystal reports for visual studio.net

2. Am having printing problems with Crystal Report.

3. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

5. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

6. Why am I so Slow

7. When is 5:00 AM not 5:00 AM? When it's 5:00 AM.

8. What am I missing in Data Report SHOW?

9. What am I missing in Data Report SHOW?

10. Crystal Report 4.6 Reporting Help - Long post, but I am desperate!

11. slow printing from Crystal Reports

12. SOS: ComboBox behavior is different what am I supposed to do?