Refreshing reports
Author Message
 Refreshing reports

Hello,

I am new to Crystal Reports, I would like to know if there is any way to
automatically refresh the reports I have created .
I am using Crystal Reports 8.5 Pro on windows 2k, data source is an Access
database.
Each month when I update the database I need to refresh all my reports. The
reports are not published in any way they are just stored on a PC as .rpt
files.
We have a trial version of Crystal Enterprise, I have loaded this but have
not had any success,

Can anybody help?

Thanks
Craig

Tue, 06 Dec 2005 06:18:03 GMT
 Refreshing reports
Hi Craig,
    We have been using Seagate Info/ Crystal Enterprise for several years
and it has been an excellent application for allowing users to access a
large number of reports.  It is a very good tool for scheduling reports at
specific intervals or at desired times.  If you want to describe what is
happening with your installation of Enterprise maybe we can help you get it
straightened out so that you can see how useful the Enterprise can be.

Bob Holmes

Quote:
> Hello,

> I am new to Crystal Reports, I would like to know if there is any way to
> automatically refresh the reports I have created .
> I am using Crystal Reports 8.5 Pro on windows 2k, data source is an Access
> database.
> Each month when I update the database I need to refresh all my reports.
The
> reports are not published in any way they are just stored on a PC as .rpt
> files.
> We have a trial version of Crystal Enterprise, I have loaded this but have
> not had any success,

> Can anybody help?

> Thanks
> Craig

Tue, 06 Dec 2005 20:34:58 GMT
 Refreshing reports
Hi Bob,

I am using the Crystal Publishing Wizard.
I choose the report to update, when I get to the Crystal APS screen I am not
sure what to choose so I have left the defaults of Entreprise for
Authentication and my Computer name  for the APS. I am not sure if I need to
set up an APS or what an APS is.
When I finish the wizard I set it to update the report as soon as the wizard
is finished. No reports are updated, I cannot find the folders that the
reports are supposed to update into.

Thanks
Craig

Quote:
> Hi Craig,
>     We have been using Seagate Info/ Crystal Enterprise for several years
> and it has been an excellent application for allowing users to access a
> large number of reports.  It is a very good tool for scheduling reports at
> specific intervals or at desired times.  If you want to describe what is
> happening with your installation of Enterprise maybe we can help you get
it
> straightened out so that you can see how useful the Enterprise can be.

> Bob Holmes

> > Hello,

> > I am new to Crystal Reports, I would like to know if there is any way to
> > automatically refresh the reports I have created .
> > I am using Crystal Reports 8.5 Pro on windows 2k, data source is an
Access
> > database.
> > Each month when I update the database I need to refresh all my reports.
> The
> > reports are not published in any way they are just stored on a PC as
.rpt
> > files.
> > We have a trial version of Crystal Enterprise, I have loaded this but
have
> > not had any success,

> > Can anybody help?

> > Thanks
> > Craig

Fri, 09 Dec 2005 10:36:04 GMT
 Refreshing reports
Hi Craig,
    I hope my explanation is accurate.  The APS is the primary component for
communication between users and the different services that make up the
"Enterprise."  It sounds as though you have installed Enterprise on your PC.
This should be adequate for testing purposes.  You need to install the
components on at least one machine.  The installation allows for everything
to installed on a single machine, but you can install individual components
on individual server machines.  You can look at the services that are
running on your computer to make sure that they are all installed.  There
should be an APS, a page server, an input server, an output server, etc.  By
default the APS will use your machine name, so that is correct.  The report
that are used in the Enterprise are stored in a folder with a path something
like:  "Enterprise\FileStore\Input".

I have not used the Publishing Wizard, but can you access the Crystal
Launchpad?

Bob Holmes

Quote:
> Hi Bob,

> I am using the Crystal Publishing Wizard.
> I choose the report to update, when I get to the Crystal APS screen I am
not
> sure what to choose so I have left the defaults of Entreprise for
> Authentication and my Computer name  for the APS. I am not sure if I need
> set up an APS or what an APS is.
> When I finish the wizard I set it to update the report as soon as the
wizard
> is finished. No reports are updated, I cannot find the folders that the
> reports are supposed to update into.

> Thanks
> Craig

> > Hi Craig,
> >     We have been using Seagate Info/ Crystal Enterprise for several
years
> > and it has been an excellent application for allowing users to access a
> > large number of reports.  It is a very good tool for scheduling reports
at
> > specific intervals or at desired times.  If you want to describe what is
> > happening with your installation of Enterprise maybe we can help you get
> it
> > straightened out so that you can see how useful the Enterprise can be.

> > Bob Holmes

> > > Hello,

> > > I am new to Crystal Reports, I would like to know if there is any way
> > > automatically refresh the reports I have created .
> > > I am using Crystal Reports 8.5 Pro on windows 2k, data source is an
> Access
> > > database.
> > > Each month when I update the database I need to refresh all my
reports.
> > The
> > > reports are not published in any way they are just stored on a PC as
> .rpt
> > > files.
> > > We have a trial version of Crystal Enterprise, I have loaded this but
> have
> > > not had any success,

> > > Can anybody help?

> > > Thanks
> > > Craig

Fri, 09 Dec 2005 23:11:44 GMT

1. Crystal Reports OCX - Does Not Refresh Report

2. Problem refreshing report data in crystal reports 4.6

3. Refreshing Reports

4. Refresh Report

5. refreshing reports-URGENT

6. trouble refreshing report